Black Entertainment : Any of yall in here like Blues

MississippiRed said:
Nah bruh I ain't heard Robert Randolph is he good? ....I like Taj,. and Keb Mo and Chris Thomas King ..along with some of the cats my Mama likes like Bobby Womack, Lattimore,Bobby Blue Bland ( that St James Infirmery is fire), Bobby Rush of course B.B. ....

Omowalejabali
..Big Joe Turner...yes suh......loving that....man didnt know you used to DJ....that's cool I'm wanting to start a party promotion type thing out here where I through parties in different venues but play Blues and some Southern hip hop and such...you know real down South house party type stuff....maybe once a month or so...anyway....

retire and play the Blues ..what could be better than that Brother...well maybe fishing and hunting..but that would be the life....it's funny when I go to the Blues joint down the street and folk find out I'm from the Sip they ask about the groups playin like "what do you think..." usually I tell them ...oh them boys ain't no good wouldn't make no money barrelhousing in the south"....lol....

It ain't Blues but I like that Rebirth Brass Band and Dr. John and Professor Longhair too...

MississippiRed
Now I got that John Hurt going....did yall know that a lot of Blues cats back then played Mandolin......? John Hurt being one..

hey....where is Cali u at??

omowalejabali said:
Blues mandolin?

Ever heard of Yank Rachell?

Oh yes suh....played with 3 j's jug band, Sleepy John Estes, Sonny Boy Williamson.....I love the sound of the Mandolin....it ain' t many folk that have heard of old Yank.....that's good stuff.....

I'm in Santa Clara Ca.....S.F. Bay Area......seems like it's a lot of Mississippians here but it's the ones that don't want to admit they from old Sip...

MississippiRed

MississippiRed said:
Oh yes suh....played with 3 j's jug band, Sleepy John Estes, Sonny Boy Williamson.....I love the sound of the Mandolin....it ain' t many folk that have heard of old Yank.....that's good stuff.....

I'm in Santa Clara Ca.....S.F. Bay Area......seems like it's a lot of Mississippians here but it's the ones that don't want to admit they from old Sip...

MississippiRed

Santa Clara's a nice spot...good clean air...I been to a conference there one time at the Doubletree near the convention center...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back