Black Poetry : Amina's song...

mkhaya lo'

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2001
Rand Park Ridge, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Occupation
Journalist
This poem is inspired by Amina Lawal, a nigerian woman facing death by stoning after she had a child out of wedlock. she was sentenced under the sharia penal law practised in the northern states of nigeria.

Between life given, life taken, and life itself...i find myself caught between passion and a reason.

If I had to choose, would I?
If I had to have it all, would I?
If I had to loose it all, would I really have?

cast your stone...cast it strong and bold and in anger and judgement and disapproval and scorn....cast your stone.
cast your stone to rectify this wrong...this wrong...my passion, my wrong, or so u call it...
cast your stone to elimanate love with no limits
cast your stone to forget, for a moment, if only for a moment, your own transgressions..
cast your stone in your protest that i shouldnt have, should have known better, should have known my place...

nevermind that i am now alone in a mess it took two to create.
or is it a mess?

come on, cast your stone...I dare you...
my name has already been cast in stone in many countless hearts around the world...the world scares me with its constant probing and probing, and probing and wanting to know...how could they, how could they, how could you...

no one could ever know that moment my child was conceived, loved, nurtured and gently rubbed, a loved child, this child, my child, this child...love me, love me, love me.... says this child..

mine is simple really, i am now under the will of allah...allah...
asalam walay kum, walay kum asalam i shall greet you always... with love and peace, a peace in my heart...

cast your stone if u must.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back