Black Positive People : African American Chess Champion Honored on Cover of Top Magazine

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
chess-life.jpg

Orrin Hudson, Chess Champion Honored on Cover of Top Magazine

*Crossville, TN —
Orrin Hudson, a chess champion, community activist, and motivational speaker from Stone Mountain, Georgia, has been named the first “Chess Life” cover contest winner.

Hudson appears on the cover of their December 2015 issue, available now to read online at
www.uschess.org.

Readers were invited to submit a short 200 word essay on how their activities are advancing the mission and vision of the 501(c)(3) US Chess Federation (US Chess). Their mission is to empower people through chess one move at a time, and their vision is to enrich the lives of all persons and communities through increasing the play, study, and appreciation of the game of chess.

Read more at
http://www.eurweb.com/2015/12/afric...on-cover-of-top-magazine/#I7sjmppcuSiK7gkC.99

good for him.

i started playing chess, as a teenager--my then-girlfriend was into the game, so i picked it up. the first person i played--other than my girlfriend--was a woman who had been playing the game for seven years. the first game, we played to a draw. the second and third games, i beat her. she was pissed off because i had only been playing a few months--she and my girlfriend didn't like each other...and she wanted to beat me to throw it in my lady's face. when that didn't happen, she threw a tirade...and stopped speaking to me.

anyway, if chess has given this young man a platform to speak to youths, more power to him. we all need to find a way to get in the heads of our youth...to get them to see what our situation is. too many of them really don't have a clue about the direness of our situation. they think it's ALL GOOD because they can openly date a graybone, and not get hanged. THAT DEFINES EQUALITY FOR SOME. any method we can use, to get them to see the big picture, we need to seize...coz life is about more than what punanni you can get in, without losing your life.

THANKS for sharing.

good for him.

i started playing chess, as a teenager--my then-girlfriend was into the game, so i picked it up. the first person i played--other than my girlfriend--was a woman who had been playing the game for seven years. the first game, we played to a draw. the second and third games, i beat her. she was pissed off because i had only been playing a few months--she and my girlfriend didn't like each other...and she wanted to beat me to throw it in my lady's face. when that didn't happen, she threw a tirade...and stopped speaking to me.

anyway, if chess has given this young man a platform to speak to youths, more power to him. we all need to find a way to get in the heads of our youth...to get them to see what our situation is. too many of them really don't have a clue about the direness of our situation. they think it's ALL GOOD because they can openly date a graybone, and not get hanged. THAT DEFINES EQUALITY FOR SOME. any method we can use, to get them to see the big picture, we need to seize...coz life is about more than what punanni you can get in, without losing your life.

THANKS for sharing.

You are welcome.

I agree with Hudson that Chess is a great metaphor of life. If you can picture your life as a Chess game, imagine that every decision you make has consequences, and think ahead of the present, you will do well. Learning Chess at a young age gives a young person great problem solving skills, that are transferable to most any situation.

My hat's off to Hudson for passing this skill on to our youngsters.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back