Black History : 15,000 sign petition calling for black history museum to include Clarence Thomas

They do! That story is told next to/or on the Anita Hill exhibit:

‘An inspiring story’

The museum does mention one individual tangentially related to Justice Thomas — in the form of a pin-back button reading “I Believe Anita Hill.” Ms. Hill famously accused the jurist of sexual harassment in his 1991 Senate confirmation hearing.

1. Clarence Thomas snubbed by Smithsonian's museum of African ...
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/7/clarence-thomas-snubbed-by-smithsonians-museum-of-/ - 149k - Cached - Similar pages
Call me naive but honestly, it confuses me to this day as to how Thomas' appointment to the Supreme Court could ever pass given the extremely raw and sexually explicit testimony by A. Hill. They must have been desperate to appoint: 1. A Black man to the position; and 2. A conservative, married to a white woman, live in constant denial about being a Black man. To me, it's a perfect example of how some men will stick together on some things, no matter what the charge and when it comes to sex, men often get a pass. There sat a Black man, in front of Congress, being accused by a Black woman of sexual harassment at its worst and he still sits in an active seat as a judge in the highest court in this country. Talk about sick! (smh)

Yes, put him in there but in a private section just for him. Then tell of how he tried to undo all of the accomplishments and gains made by those blacks and whites who struggled, got beat, got murdered, etc. trying to give blacks and others as well, their freedoms and liberties that had been denied them for over 300 years.

I'm so tired of splitting hairs when it comes to character and position. Too often we feel the need to look past character flaws to find some greater "good" in individuals. Don't parents still teach their children that there are rewards for "good" behavior and punishment for "bad" behavior. Why does that change when we become adults? No wonder mental illness among Blacks is on the rise. Sometimes it's got to be all or nothing. I can respect the position, and not the person holding the position. The same holds true for our sitting president.

Also, I don't consider any woman, who alleges in front of Congress that she is a victim of sexual harassment by a man, and provides credible evidence of that, as her "claim to fame". :( I think that minimizes the seriousness of her allegations. Others might disagree but I applaud Anita Hill for her courage to take such a bold and highly risk-taking step to speak out about the character of the person being considered for one of the highest judicial positions in America. I hope many people have learned from her and act likewise. But sadly, Anita Hill is just another example, like so many other women, then and now, who have the "audacity" to speak up only to get slammed and in her situation, slammed by one of the democrats who sat on the congressional panel at the time and is the front runner among his peers for President in 2020.

My opinion: Take a stand and don't straddle the fence.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back