African American History Culture : 15,000 sign petition calling for black history museum to include Clarence Thomas

Discussion in 'African American History Culture' started by Liberty, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    upload_2017-3-11_10-29-24.png

A petition is calling on the Smithsonian Institution to rectify the omission of U.S. Supreme Court
    Justice Clarence Thomas from the recently opened National Museum of African American History and Culture.

More than 15,000 people have signed the StandUnited petition, which tells the director of the museum not to “overlook African American leaders like Justice Clarence Thomas” just because they’re conservative.

Read more

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/8/clarence-thomas-petition-15k-sign-museum-african-a/

Clarence Thomas petition: 15K want Museum of African American History and Culture to include him

A petition is calling on the Smithsonian Institution to rectify the omission of Supreme Court Associate Justice Clarence Thomas from the recently opened Museum of African American History and Culture.
    washingtontimes.com

2. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    In December Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas sent a letter to the director of the African-American history museum asking for the life and accomplishments of the influential jurist to be recognized.

“I am concerned that millions of Americans, of all ages, races, religions, and walks of life, when passing through this museum, will be subjected to a singular and distorted view of Justice Thomas, an African-American who survived segregation, defeated discrimination, and ascended all the way to the Supreme Court,” the letter read.

What Ted Cruz got to do with Clarence.
    Must be his new owner.

3. Liberty

Liberty Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,292
    That sounds about right....

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    LOL...his new owner.

I don't disagree, put Clarence in the Museum, but when they do, make sure you tell his true story, particularly his historical confirmation hearing with Anita Hill's testimony. Conservative? Yeah, well, it is what it is. I want his list of rulings since being on the Supreme Court recorded and mention of the fact that he's a slime ball and is in denial about being Black--self-hatred to the fullest. And in case you're wondering, no, I don't like him.

5. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    They do! That story is told next to/or on the Anita Hill exhibit:

‘An inspiring story’

The museum does mention one individual tangentially related to Justice Thomas — in the form of a pin-back button reading “I Believe Anita Hill.” Ms. Hill famously accused the jurist of sexual harassment in his 1991 Senate confirmation hearing.

1. Clarence Thomas snubbed by Smithsonian's museum of African ...
      http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/7/clarence-thomas-snubbed-by-smithsonians-museum-of-/ - 149k - Cached - Similar pages

Clarence Thomas snubbed by Smithsonian’s museum of African American history

Of the 112 justices appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court since its inception, only two have been black — and the second one apparently isn’t worth consideration, as far as the new National Museum of African American History and Culture is concerned.
      washingtontimes.com

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,079
    Call me naive but honestly, it confuses me to this day as to how Thomas' appointment to the Supreme Court could ever pass given the extremely raw and sexually explicit testimony by A. Hill. They must have been desperate to appoint: 1. A Black man to the position; and 2. A conservative, married to a white woman, live in constant denial about being a Black man. To me, it's a perfect example of how some men will stick together on some things, no matter what the charge and when it comes to sex, men often get a pass. There sat a Black man, in front of Congress, being accused by a Black woman of sexual harassment at its worst and he still sits in an active seat as a judge in the highest court in this country. Talk about sick! (smh)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List