Black People Politics : ▶ Republicans, Dems and "Progressives" unite telling blacks "We'll never give you reparations."

I vote--my choice--but if others don't choose to, it's their right.

Yeah, that's already understood. I wasn't challenging that.
I'm not judging and I'm not name calling either.

Not certain why this is stated, because I didn't do that and I didn't believe you would do that.

If a person believes voting is an illusion to quell the masses, simple, don't vote, as that as of now, is your right.

My question wasn't to do whether they should exercise that right tho.

A democracy to me means having the right to choose. No trickery.

I don't think anyone has stated that there shouldn't be a right. Saying something isn't helpful is not saying people shouldn't be able to do it.

I guess I operate under the very old premise, "it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Not sure what that has to do with this, but okay.

I mean, if not voting "loses" one that right to vote, how is one free and how was it ever actually a choice?

I also realize that true freedom does come with consequences.

Personally, I don't believe that at all.

Sis. Angela, from my perspective, we just view things a bit differently on this topic, is all. I hope I didn't upset you.

At the end of a day, we're both doing something, not just sitting on our thumbs. And whatever we do is for good reason--for our people.

Everyone, I'm not trying to be "right" on this and I hope I don't come off as being naive or robotic...marching to the beat of some moronic drum. These are just my opinions; I still have a lot to learn which is why I spend so much time here. I genuinely respect the opinion of people like Sis. @Angela22 and some others here.

But I get it. I could be classified as insane because I keep doing the same thing over and over when it comes to voting and hoping for (not expecting) different results. That's the classic definition of insanity, right? lol What can I say? I'm old and old habits can sometimes be very hard to break.

And, Sis. @Angela22 what I meant earlier by I wasn't judging or name calling was in reference to...you guessed it...our beloved friend @Kemetstry when he referred to Black people as traitors if they refused to vote. I was trying to take the whole thread into context when I wrote my reply; I wasn't referring to you when I wrote that so I apologize if you interpreted it that way.

With respect and admiration
Queenie :heart:

Okay, I had to do some reference searching-- Pardom me for a few @Perfection I know this is a thread that you started but, I need to address this insult towards my character from a certain perspective.

You see Kemetstry, this is why I understand what happened to us African American Descendants of Slaves (DOS) in how our ancestors ended up needing help from White Europeans due to this kind of disrespect of HUMAN RIGHTS, such as Freedom of Speech, Women's Rights, and freedom to worship 'god' of our choice and etc. So, yes, I am grateful for the Protestant Movement. Your statement of attack against BLACKS and this CONTROL TACTIC and DOMINATING and OPPRESSIVE actions, speaks to why the African continent and the issue of HUMAN SACRIFICE is a reality. So, let me begin to rebut you this way: WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF VOTING? WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT VOTING?

VOTE -- History and Definition

Early Voting in Ancient Greece
Since approximately 508 B.C., Ancient Greece seems to have implemented the earliest form of democracy. Greeks had a "negative" election -- that is, each year voters, who were the male land owners, were asked to vote for the political leader or "candidates" they most wanted to be exiled for the next ten years.
https://www.duvalelections.com/General-Information/Learn-About-Elections/History-Of-Elections

An ancient Greek wine cup, dated all the way back to the 5th century B.C., depicts one of the earliest images of the act of voting.
http://awebofculture.com/ancient-greece-and-the-origins-of-voting/

Greek chieftains are shown choosing between heroes Ajax and Odysseus to claim the armor of the fallen Achilles during the Trojan War. To settle the decision, they voted.
http://awebofculture.com/ancient-greece-and-the-origins-of-voting/

Ajax and Odysseus and Achilles speaks of an earlier time than 500s BC, but more importantly, this is the land were Homosexuality and Pedophilia became well known. But then, WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY ABOUT VOTING?

Thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor with their gods. They shall not dwell in thy land, lest they make thee sin against me: for if thou serve their gods, it will surely be a snare unto thee. EXODUS 23.32-33.

Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:... DEUTERONOMY 7:12.

And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this? Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you. JUDGES 2:2-3.

So, If African Americans or White Americans choose to vote and believe they are doing something good for humanity, I can understand this, but I don't believe in this Homosexual-Pedophilic law due to the vote! I believe it is a snare. However, I believe that many people felt they were doing the right thing, but it is a contradiction for many, because your 'representative' have made law something that is considered to be an abomination and a sin. So, the real traitor would be a long these lines; That is being a traitor to your 'god'.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF COVENANT
covenant
. Literally, a contract. In the Bible (see also Bible), an agreement between God and his people, in which God makes promises to his people and, usually, requires certain conduct from them.
Covenant | Definition of Covenant at Dictionary.com
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/covenant

LEAGUE 1. An agreement. Contract, compact, treaty, pact …

a covenant or compact made between persons, parties, states, etc., for the promotion ormaintenance of common interests or for mutual assistance or service.
the aggregation of persons, parties, states, etc., associated in such a covenant or compact;confederacy.
an association of individuals having a common goal...
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/league

VOTE DEFINED
a formal expression of opinion or choice, either positive or negative, made by an individual orbody of individuals. the means by which such expression is made, as a ballot, ticket, etc.
the right to such expression:to give women the vote….
to enact, establish, or determine by vote:to vote a proposed bill into law.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/vote

Great perspective...never looked at it from that view. Thanks for sharing.

Isn't that what freedom means?

My apologies up front if it seems condescending lovely Queenie, or even presumptuous regarding the words which follow. I've on-line known you for several years and I can tell, or it seems, you're dealing with an internal struggle over this voting issue.

That's great news.

It seems now, even if you still vote, you'll do it sideeys and with much reluctance and thought. I would like to think that many people here contributed to this "evolution" of yours as it regards voting.

As far as Mr. K and others are concerned their actions kinda reminds me of this video:

What I want people to glean from the video is the meaning of its principle scene. An individual who got trapped in a time passed and he doesn't even know it. Likewise with voting, we see, we know and we understand we at the bottom---even with voting.

And many of us still wearing those fishbowl shoes.

You said it best elsewhere something to the effect that voting may have possibly helped somewhere in times past---but you emphasized, now, in the 21st century we need to rethink that ish.

So how you (in general) gone still do something that you know don't work? Two generations at least to demonstrate that conclusion and yet you come out thinking you looking good with your fishbowl shoes.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back