Black Spirituality Religion : White Mormons trying to preach but they picked the wrong brother LOL!!

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Without a doubt and as you have stated writer33, Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses are both out of mainstream christianity and preach door to door. With that said, anyone should be able to handle their onslaught, with ease.

You have asked the million dollar question:

"My issue with both, and other such claims, is do they really come from God-Allah? Or do they come from men, claiming at best, being "inspired by God" to really achieve men's purposes and authority?"

For which answer, and again I will say, we rely heavily upon our chosen worldviews ... by freedom of choice.

Your expressed reason for belief in god based on the evidence is palatable to me because I am a believer in the Word of God only, try selling that to non-believers or atheists ... and you will find that that dog wont hunt.

But here is where we part ways, you are an agnostic:

"But WHAT that is...is still left to our imaginations, our knowledge, our understandings of what our knowledge and science can lead us to

"from each other, from each others' faith and knowledge"

its an illusion writer33 to think that folk will work together to understand the unknown ...

Exactly! That was the fundamental difference with Mormons I talked with. It was questioning the need for the "Book of Mormon" when I reminded them of of Biblical admonitions of subtracting, or "adding to" the the scripture.

Of course, I have my concerns about the Bible itself, or the Qur'an, about being the "word of God" or the messages "of Allah." Yet I also recall, and admire a Muslim friend of mine who posted side-by-side scripture from both the Bible and Qur'an, the essence of which contained the same spiritual messages.

My issue with both, and other such claims, is do they really come from God-Allah? Or do they come from men, claiming at best, being "inspired by God" to really achieve men's purposes and authority? And being so "inspired" does not prove anything.

I do believe there is a fundamental basis for god, or gods, a cosmic consciousness that runs the miraculous existence we know, so far only, of a massive and beautiful universe. Mankind has clearly demonstrated all of that in his/her monuments and edifices and temples of worship that are scattered throughout the world.

We must agree to all this evidence of it everywhere, from the Pyramids of Egypt to Stonehenge, to the Incas, to the temples of Asia, the ruins of Peru and Ethiopia and Israel and the remnants of the Roman Empire. Wherever we go, from major civilizations to small indigenous natives, we will find these.

They must mean SOMETHING! As if it's written into our DNA and genetic codes, it is there!

And I believe for a REASON.

But WHAT that is...is still left to our imaginations, our knowledge, our understandings of what our knowledge and science can lead us to.

I honestly believe we need to seek the further answers, and clues, to what we are looking for...from each other, from each others' faith and knowledge....rather than fighting wars over our differences and thereby destroying whatever clues we might learn from each other to find the truth behind the clues those many incredibly marvelous monuments can give us, TOGETHER.

writer33

More proof on how easy it is to knock off Mormons and Witnesses:

Eye once met a young Mormon peddling his religious wares while eye commuting to work. When eye got finished lip lashing him about what eye knew... all he could say was "I didn't know that." Choosing me to prey upon was random for him yet specific for me --cause eye saw him coming...

Yah heard

Sho nuff, heard that ... I can imagine how tough you were on 'em, knowing how tough you are on me, lol. They didn't stand a chance.

In fact, I don't see what all the fuss is about, folk coming to your door, mine stays open and I love having dialogue with 'em.

It doesn't take long before they are running off :huh2::imout:

:rofl:

Just ask Keita...I am a very sweet person.

I just know the different between piss and water...!

Sho nuff, heard that ... I can imagine how tough you were on 'em, knowing how tough you are on me, lol. They didn't stand a chance.

In fact, I don't see what all the fuss is about, folk coming to your door, mine stays open and I love having dialogue with 'em.

It doesn't take long before they are running off :huh2::imout:

:rofl:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back