Black People : Undeterred by Failure in Iraq, Neocons Push for U.S. Attack on Iran...

Aqil

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 3, 2001
New York
By Andrew I. Killgore

In his 2002 State of the Union address, President Bush linked Iran with Iraq and North Korea in an “axis of Evil.” The 2003 invasion of Iraq followed, based on Saddam Hussein’s alleged possession of “weapons of mass destruction” and ties to al-Qa'ida. With over 1,000 American soldiers killed and thousands wounded, that war has gone very sour.

Iran is geographically three and a half times bigger than Iraq and three times as populous, so a U.S. ground invasion with an already overtaxed military seems out of the question. That does not rule out air strikes, however. The neocons’ excuse this time is not Iran’s continuing support for Hezbollah, but its alleged plans to produce nuclear weapons. Once again, the purported threat is not against the United States, but against Israel, which already has up to 200 nuclear weapons.

But that threat to Israel is what accounts for the support of such neocons/Zionists as Norman Podhoretz, “father of the neocons,” for an attack against Iran. “Like anybody else in the world who is sane,” Podhoretz told the Aug. 22 New York Times, “I am very much worried by Iran gaining nuclear capacity. I am not advocating an invasion of Iran at this moment,” he added, “although I wouldn’t be heartbroken if it happened.”

You can read the entire article at:

http://www.wrmea.com/archives/November_2004/0411021.html

(Re: bolded...Nobody ever talks about this...) :madd:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back