Black People : Tyson wasn't ready yet!

Thandiwe

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 30, 2001
Minnesota
I remember a time when i was a big Mike Tyson fan. Not that i don't like him now. Yes, the man has problems...can't deny that.

Tyson should have had some warm up fights before he went up against Lewis. The only round that Mike showed some hope was the 1st round. He look rusty and because he never really had anyone challenge him when he was young and champion, he doesn't know how to handle the pressure in the ring (or out). He was knocking people out in 1, 2 ,3 rounds in his old days! He didn't have a chance to develop his defensive skills; heading bobbing, how to clinch when he in trouble, not to over-react to blood. It seems when he gets cut and becomes too concern about bleeding, like, "I am bleeding, I can't believe I'm bleeding..." It was he who had his opponents marked before.

I actually feel for Mike. I know he's had a hard life and i believe people have only used Mike. He was everyone meal ticket.

IMO, he lost everything during the time period that he was married to THAT woman, Robin Givens. He didn't seem to have any embarassing public outbreaks, talking about eating people kids, the disrespect for women.

I wondering if Mike has heard and really believing all the talk about him being crazy. It's like the students i work with. When they are labeled as special ed, they no longer have the will to achieve and start believing the hype. "I'm special ed and can't do any better." The kids on Ritalin use their medicine as an excuse for their behavior.

I'd love to see Mike comeback. He needs a good people in his corner, in and out of the ring. He also has to kow that he is not just a boxer, he needs to find himself and stop believing what the white media has made him. They didn't seem to have a problem profitting from him in his earlier more humble days and they are still doing it now.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back