Black People : Treatment of my 11 year old 504 student by School District

hazeleyes

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2008
Hello,

I am a MAD MOM. My Husband and I moved to North Littlerock Arkansas around June of 2006 from Pasadena,California with our 3 girls. My 11 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 9. I registered my daughter as a 504 student because she is insulin dependent and this way she could have her insulin on site. Between 9-6-06 and 12-13-06 my child was suspended for trying to administer her insulin in her stomach when 2 teachers came into the nurses office yelling at her while she had the needle in her stomach to get out of the office, because she took too long to take the needle out, she was suspended for 3 days for being disrespectful, another incident was when her sugar dropped around 40 in class one day, she asked her teacher if she could go to the office to get a snack. The teacher told her, "theres only 5 more min. left for class, wait until the bell rings", assaulted by a white male teacher slamming her against lockers, slammed her fingers into lockers, her fingers went numb for several days, arrested for disorderly conduct twice, arrested for resisting arrest of a police officer, slammed to the ground backwards by a police officer causing a closed head injurie to the back of her head. Around 12-13-06 I took both of my daughters out for xmas holiday hoping things would cool off when several girls threatened to jump my daughters. The day before school was to reconvene my child took an overdose of insulin 200 units. She said she did'nt want to go back to the school, afraid of what would happen to her next. Around the 1st of January I did an m-m transfer to another school district (pulaski co). Around 2 weeks after my daughter got out of the hospital, I registered her into Jacksonville all girls middle. I don't think she was there 2 weeks when a white teacher accused my daughter of knocking her down. My baby left to go to school around 6:30 that morning. Around 11 or so I got a call that my little girl was in jail. They would not let her use the phone to call her parents. When my husband and I got down to the detention center, we asked the officer had he done an investigation, he said "the teacher said she did it, theres no need to investigate, all the kids that said she did'nt do it, were probably her friends". Well, the class was about 80% black. Those children told what they saw,most of them did'nt even no my daughters name. My little girl served 5 days in jail, she was given a 1 degree assault with intent to injure. I pled my baby not guilty to all charges, the school later investigated the incident and found my daughter not guilty, but she had lost at least 10 days of school, and her 504 had been violated because they should have investigated the incident before my child was arrested. There is so much more to this story, but I don't have enough space. To make a long story short, on 2-14-08 all charges against my child were dropped, 2 disorderly conducts, 1resisting arrest, 1 1st degree assault. To date, nothing has happened to any of the people that were responsible for abusing my child. You've read some of our story, take a moment and think, what if it was your child? What would you do?

MAD MOM

Sister HazelEyes ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

Bless your heart. I can't imagine experiencing anything like this. I'd be more krazee than i am.

I truly believe, they would have had to lock both me and my baby up.

What would i do, i'd problee be in prison right now ... but i admire your ability to remain calm in the face of such chaos.

Is there anything we can do to help? If nothing else, know that you have a supportive group of Parents in this community, fully aware of the traps and snares laid for our babies in this educational system.

Continue being forever vigilant when it comes to your children.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

hazeleyes said:
Hello,

I am a MAD MOM. My Husband and I moved to North Littlerock Arkansas around June of 2006 from Pasadena,California with our 3 girls. My 11 year old was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 9. I registered my daughter as a 504 student because she is insulin dependent and this way she could have her insulin on site. Between 9-6-06 and 12-13-06 my child was suspended for trying to administer her insulin in her stomach when 2 teachers came into the nurses office yelling at her while she had the needle in her stomach to get out of the office, because she took too long to take the needle out, she was suspended for 3 days for being disrespectful, another incident was when her sugar dropped around 40 in class one day, she asked her teacher if she could go to the office to get a snack. The teacher told her, "theres only 5 more min. left for class, wait until the bell rings", assaulted by a white male teacher slamming her against lockers, slammed her fingers into lockers, her fingers went numb for several days, arrested for disorderly conduct twice, arrested for resisting arrest of a police officer, slammed to the ground backwards by a police officer causing a closed head injurie to the back of her head. Around 12-13-06 I took both of my daughters out for xmas holiday hoping things would cool off when several girls threatened to jump my daughters. The day before school was to reconvene my child took an overdose of insulin 200 units. She said she did'nt want to go back to the school, afraid of what would happen to her next. Around the 1st of January I did an m-m transfer to another school district (pulaski co). Around 2 weeks after my daughter got out of the hospital, I registered her into Jacksonville all girls middle. I don't think she was there 2 weeks when a white teacher accused my daughter of knocking her down. My baby left to go to school around 6:30 that morning. Around 11 or so I got a call that my little girl was in jail. They would not let her use the phone to call her parents. When my husband and I got down to the detention center, we asked the officer had he done an investigation, he said "the teacher said she did it, theres no need to investigate, all the kids that said she did'nt do it, were probably her friends". Well, the class was about 80% black. Those children told what they saw,most of them did'nt even no my daughters name. My little girl served 5 days in jail, she was given a 1 degree assault with intent to injure. I pled my baby not guilty to all charges, the school later investigated the incident and found my daughter not guilty, but she had lost at least 10 days of school, and her 504 had been violated because they should have investigated the incident before my child was arrested. There is so much more to this story, but I don't have enough space. To make a long story short, on 2-14-08 all charges against my child were dropped, 2 disorderly conducts, 1resisting arrest, 1 1st degree assault. To date, nothing has happened to any of the people that were responsible for abusing my child. You've read some of our story, take a moment and think, what if it was your child? What would you do?

MAD MOM

First let me say how sorry i am to here about your Queen in waiting. Second,GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!!! Thirdly, GET A LAWYER!!!!!!!:em17:

Treatment of my 11 year old 504 student by the School District

I tryed to get a Lawyer, no one wanted to go against the school district. This is one of the reasons I'm speaking out now. I went to the prosecuting attorneys offiice, the only evidence I had was eyewitness statements, medical reports, brusing on my childs arms that showed up mins. after the assault, the police camera person was called on the spot to take pictures. When I inquired about the pictures, I was told they were lost. I went to the school board, filed several complaints I guess they think I went back to California, because as of this day nothing has transpired. Who do you go to when the school board, prosecuting attorneys office, etc, won't help.

MAD MOM

hazeleyes said:
I tryed to get a Lawyer, no one wanted to go against the school district. This is one of the reasons I'm speaking out now. I went to the prosecuting attorneys offiice, the only evidence I had was eyewitness statements, medical reports, brusing on my childs arms that showed up mins. after the assault, the police camera person was called on the spot to take pictures. When I inquired about the pictures, I was told they were lost. I went to the school board, filed several complaints I guess they think I went back to California, because as of this day nothing has transpired. Who do you go to when the school board, prosecuting attorneys office, etc, won't help.

MAD MOM

HazelEyes, Not trying to be hard on you sister but....... I dont care if you have to go to another town or city to get an attorney,DO IT NOW!! Of course the district has a lot of them wrapped up. You are gonna have to find a lawyer that is not on their payroll, Now Please do it YESTERDAY!!:ilu:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back