Brother AACOOLDRE : THE PATTEROOLLERS & THEM

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Nov 29, 2012.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    THE PATTEROLLERS ( Patrollers, Pattero’s, Pataroes)
    By Andre Austin
    “The Patrollers were bands of white men-usually young men-who were organized largely for the purpose of regulating the conduct of the slaves at night in such matters as preventing the slaves from going from one plantation to another without passes”-Up from Slavery by Booker T Washington p.56.Patter-rollers went into slaves houses at any time at night and steal money if they could find it and act as they please with his wives and daughters or sisters right in front of their husbands and boyfriends. If the blackman acted dissatisfied or looks cross they get flogged. The women got flogged after the sex act was over.
    The Patrollers have evolved into neighborhood watchmen post slavery. With the worst case scenario being the death of Travon Martin by half white man George Zimmerman.
    The famous song “Run ****** Run” came about from the slave running from the Patterollers: “If de Pattero’s ketch’ya way f’om home an he couldn’t sho no pass, he jes had ‘ta take a beaten or outrun’em”.
    Many of the slaves had relationships (wife, girlfriends) with the opposite sex from another plantation and that was one of the many reasons he went off at night.
    RUN ****** RUN
    Please Ol, marster
    Don’t whup me
    Whup dat ******
    Behin dat tree
    I run I run
    I run mah bes
    I run putty clos
    Tuh er hornets nes
    De Pataroes run
    Dey run dere bes
    Dey run right in