Brother AACOOLDRE : THE PATTEROOLLERS & THEM

AACOOLDRE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
THE PATTEROLLERS ( Patrollers, Pattero’s, Pataroes)
By Andre Austin
“The Patrollers were bands of white men-usually young men-who were organized largely for the purpose of regulating the conduct of the slaves at night in such matters as preventing the slaves from going from one plantation to another without passes”-Up from Slavery by Booker T Washington p.56.Patter-rollers went into slaves houses at any time at night and steal money if they could find it and act as they please with his wives and daughters or sisters right in front of their husbands and boyfriends. If the blackman acted dissatisfied or looks cross they get flogged. The women got flogged after the sex act was over.
The Patrollers have evolved into neighborhood watchmen post slavery. With the worst case scenario being the death of Travon Martin by half white man George Zimmerman.
The famous song “Run ****** Run” came about from the slave running from the Patterollers: “If de Pattero’s ketch’ya way f’om home an he couldn’t sho no pass, he jes had ‘ta take a beaten or outrun’em”.
Many of the slaves had relationships (wife, girlfriends) with the opposite sex from another plantation and that was one of the many reasons he went off at night.
RUN ****** RUN
Please Ol, marster
Don’t whup me
Whup dat ******
Behin dat tree
I run I run
I run mah bes
I run putty clos
Tuh er hornets nes
De Pataroes run
Dey run dere bes
Dey run right in
De hornets nes

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back