Black People : The Latin Language - Latin Phrases - Where is Latin?

As I mentioned to Destee, in a class long time ago, I talked a little about Latin phrases that are sometimes used but we dont necessarily know the origins or meanings, such as: Quid pro quo (From theLatin meaning "what for what"),indicates a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services. English speakers often use the term to mean "a favor for a favor" and the phrases with almost identical meaning include: "what for what", "give and take", "this for that", and "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours"; or Caveat emptor, "Let the buyer beware".

The Latins were a tribe along with the Sabines and Etruscans forming the Roman people in the geographical area today known as Italy.

Thanks for this too ... good stuff!

:heart:

Destee

As I mentioned to Destee, in a class long time ago, I talked a little about Latin phrases that are sometimes used but we dont necessarily know the origins or meanings, such as: Quid pro quo(From theLatinmeaning "what for what"),indicates a more-or-less equal exchange or substitution of goods or services.Englishspeakers often use the term to mean "a favor for a favor" and the phrases with almost identical meaning include: "what for what", "give and take", "this for that", and "you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours"; or Caveat emptor, "Let the buyer beware".

Brother OldSoul ... everything in my being, believes you taught on this, in a different capacity than above.

Even though we're old now, i believe one of us can remember ... and help the other one remember too ... :lol:

I'm gonna remember what you taught on ... how to help you remember ... 'cause i know it's in my mind.

I'm gonna remind you, and then you're gonna say ... "Ohhh Yeaaaaaa ... okay ... we did have that class!" ... :)

Just give me a minute ... or two ... :)

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back