Black Poetry : The Journey To You (Collab by AgAbus and Phenomenon)

Phenomenon

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 19, 2005
Texas
Occupation
Student
Another collab by a newly created force called Hii-Ku

Sometimes, the best way to heal from somone, is with someone

i heard your voice taking root in my soul...felt and tasted the need for healing

Concealing scars of, silent autobiographies, you somehow knew my story, I witnessed similar pain in you, but I defeated death in your embrace

I Understood the passing of time should heal hurts…some lie beneath surfaces tinged with careless nonchalance-as though what I felt no longer lives…but it lives. it lives in more ways…however i’ve breathed in your newness and run away feeling careless and out of control.

Life gives me a universe to travel alone in, but I've grown in your wounds, as you uplifted my spirit with lyrics announced by God's tongue, and when it said it would be all right, I was able to close your open doors of lost hope

i have given up striving to tame wild rivers in the base of my pores...instead I will conceal the image of your face...i will emboss the words of love and fufillment that drip from your lips and lands at my feet

Your sweet testimony shares space in the lines of my poetry, if readers looked hard enough, they'd find us

finding us...i find us...i find me in the silence spaces that seperate that knowing that we have...the inner knowledge that we are not only alike but we are healing with each passing moment...healing with each minute that takes its last breath...we move forward...we grapple and wrestle with destiny; supplying fierce voices full of thunder; strong and resolute that we will embrace healing and we will simply BE

Men doubt when they don't realize how powerful the future is, but I knew I'd live for you once I entered into the world crying. I cried because I didn't have you yet, I knew I'd live through mistakes until your heartache would compliment mine and now freedom has begun. With every top on it's bottom, I met you at a vulnerable stage in life, now we have no choice but to love, strong and easy, despite complicated memories, the journey to you was worthwhile

echoing...cutting thru dense darkness...you emerge and brush liquid winds across my parched soul. journeys...journeys...and you become my journey and I will sally forth...I will cradle you to my bosom...your keeper because I am your brother...and we will climb out of the bowels of black pits to take out places on mountains, staring toward HIS face and loving his ears with melody...the inner songs of our souls thru our lifted voices, u a dulcet baritone and me; an earthy alto. We will journey and we will be worthwhile.

Yes, another wonderful collab from those talented Texas poetic brothers. Your first line from this poem was perfect, "Sometimes, the best way to heal from somone, is with someone." I didn't used to believe that was the case, but found it to be quite true. We bump into another soul, and we understand each other's pulse. Fathoms deep you two, you've got my pen thinking about writing. :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back