Black Astrology : The belief system of White atrology & The negative effect amongst controlling peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always keep it REAL brother whether people LIKE me or not.
I'm not up here to agree w/ people because I like them over others
Me and Butter have had to many disagreemants to name on other boards , But I support
her a 100% in this thread, not becuase I like her BUT, because I see
how it is up here, we ain't into the: "Oh I like that person over the other so I'm going to agree w/ them even though they are WRONG B.S.Yeah, like I said I KEEP it 100% whether I'm LIKED or Hated.
The truth speaks for itself.

Amen !!! Not all black guys know how to be real black men. Thank you !!

:toast:

Be you always !!!

I just love Audrey lorde.

For all my REAL brothers :

Attend me, hold me in your muscular flowering arms, protect me from throwing any part of myself away.

Haven't you heard, I only love the men. lol

Why must anybody prescribe to what someone , A stranger at that, thinks of them ?? More less allow them to define who they are when its clear that they themselves are lost ??

Nawwwwwwwwwwww, Not me !! lol

Black women are programmed to define ourselves within this male attention and to compete with each other for it rather than to recognize and move upon our common interests.

Looks like we didn't let them :ghost::ghost::ghost::ghost: down. !!! We learned all so well to be just like them.

When we speak we are afraid our words will not be heard or welcomed. But when we are silent, we are still afraid. So it is better to speak.

Thanks Prince

smh I guess their DIPLOMAS AND DEGREES LIED THEN:fyi::peace:

Astrology and Psychology
Why Do People Believe?

Why do people believe in astrology?

The answer to the question lies very much in the same realm as why people believe in just about any superstition. Astrology offers a number of things which many people find very desirable: information and assurance about the future, a way to be absolved of their current situation and future decisions, and a way to feel connected to the entire cosmos.

Astrology shares this with many other beliefs which tend to be categorized as "New Age," for example the idea that nothing in life is truly coincidental. On this view of life, everything which happens to us, even the smallest or seemingly most insignificant event, happens for some particular reason. Astrology then claims to provide at least some of the answers as to why they happen, and perhaps even a way to predict them in advance. In this way, astrology purports to help people understand their lives and the world around them - and who doesn't want that?

In a sense, astrology does work. As practiced today, it can work quite well. After all, most of those who visit an astrologer end up feeling satisfied and feeling that they have benefited.

What this really means is not that astrology has accurately predicted the person's future, but rather it means that visiting an astrologer or having a horoscope cast can be a fulfilling and personally satisfying experience.

Think about what happens during a visit with an astrologer: someone holds your hand (even if only figuratively), looks you in the eye, and explains how you, as an individual, are actually connected to our entire cosmos. You are told how mysterious forces in the universe around us, far greater than ourselves, work to shape our intimate destinies. You are told relatively flattering things about your character and life, and in the end you are naturally pleased that someone cares about you. :10500:

In the hectic and generally disconnected modern society, you feel connected - both to another human being and to the world around you.

Most likely, you even get some vaguely useful advice about your future.

Daniel Cohen wrote in the Chicago Tribune in 1968 that:

The core of an astrologer's popularity stems from the fact that he can offer something that no astronomer or any other scientists can give - reassurance. In an uncertain time, when religion, morals and ethics are shattered so regularly that one hardly notices that they are gone, the astrologer holds out a vision of a world ruled by forces that operate with clockwork regularity.

In addition, astrology is glorifying. Instead of feeling himself a mere slave in the hands of different hostile forces, the believer is uplifted by his connection with the cosmos. ... The sort of misty character analysis that astrologers engage in cannot be considered proof at all. Who can object to a flattering description of themselves? One astrologer told me that under my hard exterior I was a sensitive person. How was I to reply to a statement like that? Could I say, "No, I am really a hardheaded clod"?

What we have, then, is personal advice and personal attention from a kindly authority figure. Planets? They don't really have anything to do with the matter - the planets are simply the excuse for the meeting. All the talk about ascensions and quadrants serve to make the astrologer appear to be an expert and authority figure, thus setting the stage for the quality of the encounter. In reality, the charts and horoscope are just smoke screens to deflect your attention from what is really going on, which is a cold reading. This is simply an old carnival trick, employed today with great success not just by astrologers, but psychics and mediums and hucksters of all brands.

None of this is to say that astrologers' advice is never any good. Like a telephone psychic, even though the advice is usually very vague and general, it can often be better than no advice at all. Some people just need another person to listen to them and show some concern for their problems. On the other hand, astrologers who recommend against particular marriages or projects because of the "stars" might be providing disastrous advice. There is, sadly, no way to differentiate between the two.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/skepticism/blfaq_astro_psych.htm

They already KNOW the answer to that because I don't waste time w/ teaching FAIRYTALE ASTROLOGY READINGS, they would think I'm crazy, and would think it's STUPID!
They deal w/ REALITY and NOT Fantasy, Sorry to say, but if you want to tecah your kids FAIRYtales DO YOU, but you'll be sorry for it later TRUST ME.
WAKE UP PEOPLE IT'S 2010!

Unfortunately brother few are what I like to call "casualties of war " . We have to recognize that sometimes we have to let go and let God. Some actually liked to be conned. They like dream state as reality is to hard for them to grasped. Like the matrix. All that "hooptah" and they still couldn't post any facts for there stance. lol

Astrology is the world’s oldest con !!!

People want to believe the future can be predicted. That is why there are still many believers in the stars.

This is not a science—it is hocus-pocus.

For one thing, the equinox and the solstice points in the skyhave each moved westward about 30 degrees in the past 2000 years, changing the position of the zodiac signs.So if you were born at a certain time on a certain day2000 years ago, you would probably have been born under a different sign.
Even if the star signs were consistent over 2000 years, why would the position of the sun,moon, planets etc at the time of birth determine our personalities and future events of our lives?

It is clear most of the astrological readings about events and personalities are vague enough to fit many people undervarious signs.
People think horoscopes are accurate because they wish to think they are.

Numerous studies have confirmed the nonsense..

In 1988, astrologer John McCall, who claimed an 80 per cent success rate in guessing a subject’s starsign during an interview, was tested by the University of Virginia. Mr McCall had only seven successes out of28 subjects during the trial—the same number that could be predicted by random chance.
In another study in San Francisco , 28 astrologers tried to match star signs to personality tests. The success rate—28out of 83 trials—was also the random chancestatistic.

SIX expert astrologers independently tried to match 23 astrological charts to 23 people in aUniversity of Arizona study.

Again, the astrologers did no better than chance. And the astrologers often failed to agree with each other’s matches.

Those who profess to believe in astrology ar epromoting the philosophy of determinism or fatalism.

This states that future events are fixed and unalterable, and that all our choices, intentions and actions are no more than effects of other events, such as the movement of stars. We have no freedom of choice. What a hopeless life that would be.

smdh

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/faithworks/index.php/heraldsun/comments/astrology_is_the_worlds_oldest_con/[/URL
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/.../comments/astrology_is_the_worlds_oldest_con/
http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/.../comments/astrology_is_the_worlds_oldest_con/

even though your wikipedia link lists the last "moon" mission in 1972. You said the reason we haven't been back because of money. You can't be serious. They've had all this shuttle activity since 1977:

You telling in 30 years the reason way man hasn't been back to the moon is because of money. But they had time to do all of this and build a space station right? THINK!

I think there's more than enough money

http://static.globalissues.org/i/military/us-spending-2000-2010.png

and don't get it twisted NASA is part of the military

Trust me I ain't getting it twisted, but you just answered your own question in you post. You stated that they had all this shuttle activity since 1977
correct, well THINK, instead of putting money in man going to the moon that's where all the monies been going, on space shuttle missions and keeping the Hubble telescope operating OUR tax dollars at work. There is no longer a SPACE RACE like it was in the 60's to try and beat Russia for going to the moon, the US did that, then Russia went, but lost in that race to the U.S. When men were going to the moon they didn't have all these 1000 Satellites floating around in space and space stations w/ people working in space, so the money that it takes to go
the moon they are using it for things that will be more productive to their military in space. Like GPS systems to spy on each other? Besides they already fired a rocket into the moons surface to check for water last yr, which is cheaper than sending a man to the moon , the link explains it below , along w/ why Obama is economically cutting back w/ space missions in the future.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/nasa-bombs-the-moons-surface-in-search-of-water/story-e6frfro0-

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=99582

http://scitech.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/15/nasa-to-junk-space-station-in-2016/

Unfortunately brother few are what I like to call "casualties of war " . We have to recognize that sometimes we have to let go and let God. Some actually liked to be conned. They like dream state as reality is to hard for them to grasped. Like the matrix. All that "hooptah" and they still couldn't post any facts for there stance. lol

Astrology is the world’s oldest con !!!

People want to believe the future can be predicted. That is why there are still many believers in the stars.

This is not a science—it is hocus-pocus.

For one thing, the equinox and the solstice points in the skyhave each moved westward about 30 degrees in the past 2000 years, changing the position of the zodiac signs.So if you were born at a certain time on a certain day2000 years ago, you would probably have been born under a different sign.
Even if the star signs were consistent over 2000 years, why would the position of the sun,moon, planets etc at the time of birth determine our personalities and future events of our lives?

It is clear most of the astrological readings about events and personalities are vague enough to fit many people undervarious signs.
People think horoscopes are accurate because they wish to think they are.

Numerous studies have confirmed the nonsense..

In 1988, astrologer John McCall, who claimed an 80 per cent success rate in guessing a subject’s starsign during an interview, was tested by the University of Virginia. Mr McCall had only seven successes out of28 subjects during the trial—the same number that could be predicted by random chance.
In another study in San Francisco , 28 astrologers tried to match star signs to personality tests. The success rate—28out of 83 trials—was also the random chancestatistic.

SIX expert astrologers independently tried to match 23 astrological charts to 23 people in aUniversity of Arizona study.

Again, the astrologers did no better than chance. And the astrologers often failed to agree with each other’s matches.

Those who profess to believe in astrology ar epromoting the philosophy of determinism or fatalism.

This states that future events are fixed and unalterable, and that all our choices, intentions and actions are no more than effects of other events, such as the movement of stars. We have no freedom of choice. What a hopeless life that would be.

smdh

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/faithworks/index.php/heraldsun/comments/astrology_is_the_worlds_oldest_con/[/URL

If we don't study scinece HOW will we know whats going on in the world?
This is why it's so easy for Goverments to play us, BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW
what they are doing not behind our backs, but in front of our faces.
Man has so much going on out in space it ain't even funny, and if we don't keep up, ONCE again will be the last in line in KNOWING what he is planning on doing next, if we can't get past man going to the moon over 40 yrs ago,
he no longer needs to do that because he can send rockets for a much cheaper price to really messages back smh it's all thats how far communications have come, which is why they are repcaing PEOPLE here on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back