Black Astrology : The belief system of White atrology & The negative effect amongst controlling peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
No original version of the Tetrabiblos still exists. All that remain are translations and copies of it, the oldest of which is Arabic and dates only to AD 900. Eventually, the Latin translations became familiar to the Europeans. The English version was translated from that of the Greeks in 1940. There were four books to this work, and each dealt with a different aspect of astrology:

The first book defined Ptolemy’s reasoning for practicing astrology as well as astronomy, for by this time, there were many who opposed astrology. He said that it should not be abandoned merely because there are a few people who abuse it. This book also deals with the various alignments of planets, the moon, and the sun. Ptolemy describes in detail which positions are favorable and which are not. He also explained the signs, when they begin, and why they begin there.

The second book of the Tetrabiblos describes astrology as it relates to countries. Ptolemy makes the point that astrological events of countries and race supersede those of the individual. He details which planets rule over which country, and makes the distinction between human signs and animal signs. He notes that human signs cause things to happen to humans and animal signs affect animals. Finally, Ptolemy explains how the planets affect earth. For example, Saturn was thought to cause cold, floods, poverty, and death. Mars caused war and drought. Comets and shooting stars were thought to also affect the weather.

The third book dealt with the individual. The Tetrabiblos examined conception and birth, saying that it was better to work with the conception date and that this date should be known by observation. Several key factors were involved with this aspect of astrology. The sign that was rising at the time of conception, the moon’s phase, and the movements of the planets were all taken into consideration. The father’s influence was shown through the sun and Saturn, while the mother’s was shown through the moon and Venus.

Finally, the forth book of the Tetrabiblos handled matters of occupation, marriage, children, travel, and "houses" of the zodiac. The particular angles of various planets were used to calculate these things.

The Tetrabiblos compiled almost all of the astrological works up to that point. Only very few modifications have been made since then, and most of what we know as astrology comes from this work. Critics claim that it is "tedious and dry" to read, and that there are some contradictions in Ptolemy’s ideas.

Furthermore, he did not take into account the precession of the equinoxes. He undoubtedly knew about this phenomenon, an overlapping between signs and constellations that gets larger over time (about 5 degrees per three hundred years), but why he did not examine or explain this is a mystery and one of the biggest flaws of his work.

There were also problems with his correlation between astrology and the seasons. His belief that the conception time was preferable to birth time is a misguided one, as conception time for an individual is actually rather difficult to calculate. There were other errors in his work, mostly dealing with beliefs of the time and misinformation about astronomy; however, for the most part, the Tetrabiblos has proved invaluable to this day.

Ptolemy himself seemed to be quite egotistical. It is thought that he may never have actually practiced astrology, and there has not been a single horoscope found that was created by him. Some say that his writing almost reflects an embarrassment about astrology, and suggest that perhaps he might not have been a scholar of the art, but more a reporter of it.

Probably the most disturbing accusation against Ptolemy is that his figures were intentionally skewed and doctored to fit his hypotheses. A study of Ptolemy’s figures was done in 1977, and the findings were that most of his data was fraudulent. For more on this subject, one should refer to the book by R. Newton, The Crime of Claudius Ptolemy. It is hard to hold this against Ptolemy; he was, of course, working in ancient times. However, had he used correct numbers in his work, it might not have taken future scholars 1400 more years to correct wrong ideas concerning the universe.

In his defense, he was living during a time when "politically incorrect" beliefs could be grounds for punishment. It actually may not have been safe for him to expose the truth; instead he may have been forced to make his numbers fit into incorrect theories. He knew enough about the truth...the precession of the equinoxes and the theories that postulated that the earth, in fact, revolved around the sun. Apparently, fear for his own life is the reason why he did not act on his knowledge.

After Ptolemy, many astronomers followed. Some notable Egyptians in the field were Paul of Alexandria, Hephaestion of Thebes, and Palchus, though little other than their names are known about these people. Ptolemy’s work was continued and commented on by the Alexandrian mathematician Pappus, the mathematician/astronomer Theon of Alexandria, and the Greek mathematician Proclus, who wrote a paraphrase of Ptolemy’s Tetrabiblos.

After about AD 500, astrology died away for a while. It came alive again in the eighth century when Islam began practicing Hellenistic astrology. It was Albumasar, a Muslim intellectual, who was instrumental in bringing astrology as we know it to the Western world.

In conclusion, it can be said that Egypt has played a major role in the development of astrology. Egypt has had the pleasure of experiencing many different cultures in its land, which has enriched Egypt’s history and aided its people to become innovators of new ideas that would last for centuries and even on into today.

Books used as references :

1. Abetti, Giorgio. The History of Astrology. Henry Schuman, New York. 1952.

2. Doig, Peter. A Concise History of Astronomy. Chapman & Hall, Ltd., London. 1950.

3. Dreyer, J. L. E. A History of Astronomy from Thales to Kepler. Dover Publications, New York. 1953.

4. Newton, R. R. Ancient Astronomical Observations and the Accelerations of the Earth and Moon. The John Hopkins Press, Baltimore and London. 1970.

5. Stewart, J. V., M. D. Astrology: What’s Really in the Stars. Prometheus Books, New York. 1996.

6. Taub, Liba Chaia. Ptolemy’s Universe. Open Court, Illinois. 1993.

So in short , Did astrology exist in Egypt. Yes and no.

They did not call it astrology. However the concept predates to ancient Egypt, But we must know it's not what we perceive as astrology today !!!

The Greeks have the pattern on what is practiced today.

All books are still in print for farther references.

"Magic" anciently implied something akin to sorcery, and modern definitions retain this sense as well as a host of other meanings that have accrued around the term over many years and from many cultures. On one point there is general agreement: "Magic" suggests the supernatural. Pretending to use the occult when so-called magic tricks are displayed is simply part of the entertainment.

When it implies governing the forces of nature through supernatural means, however, magic takes on a markedly different character.

Astrologist use astronomy and astrology as a serious manipulation of nature and are our people have always been advised to avoid any practice that claims supernatural power.

Ultimately, it is irrelevant to the determination of its sources to note that a so-called miracle or astrology as a means to predict not good for mankind.

So Fact: No person need unduly fear astrology or those who claim magical powers, for there is no proof and have never been any proof that they have such power.

None have any power over anyone unless the person believes they do.

The mind is powerful if you believe in such. We will examine that a little later. Along with the dangers that come to those that practice such things.

Our people in Haiti are suffering deeply and have been suffering for years. If astrologers had such empowerment could they have predicted such events ??

Hahaha, you startin' out wrong already, you postin' works that don't belong to you and you not quotin' it and providin' sources, for which the mods will tell you themselves, you must do... next, it is Astrology, not atrology...hahaha

Nobody wants to read a bunch of stuff just to find out it's not your words, what do you know yourself about Astrology?????

Now, I thought this was funny when I saw it come up on the home page but I must get back to this great movie that I am watching... anyone besides Linda Chavis see "Skin" yet????:)

Astrologer4U

You may not like me.......... Great, cool. May not like my method........... Grreat , cool. You may not even respect me or comprehend me, or listen. Thats does not define me.

But just like the white man that put our body in chains , then pulled the switch-a-roo game then chained the mind of my people, Which had a more devastating after effect............

THEN, YOU have the audacity to help them.............Initate them, down to the letter.............. Then call me sister.....................PLEASE, like a cold slap in the face of not only me but my ancestors.

Now, currently, You proved that morals has a price, Principle can be brought. There is no honor amongst you. Deception has become your way of life. That's why we can't grow and go beyond.

In closing , I shall post in part , as my memory serves me from the most honorable - Late great - Malcolm X -

If we don't stand for something , We will fall for anything. The Ballot or the Bullet

Mr. Moderator, Brother Lomax, brothers and sisters, friends and enemies: I just can’t believe everyone in here is a friend and I don’t want to leave anybody out. The question tonight, as I understand it, is “The Negro Revolt, and Where Do We Go From Here?” or “What Next?” In my little humble way of understanding it, it points toward either the ballot or the bullet.

Before we try and explain what is meant by the ballot or the bullet, I would like to clarify something concerning myself. I’m still a Muslim, my religion is still Islam. That’s my personal belief. Just as Adam Clayton Powell is a Christian minister who heads the Abyssinian Baptist Church in New York, but at the same time takes part in the political struggles to try and bring about rights to the black people in this country; and Dr. Martin Luther King is a Christian minister down in Atlanta, Georgia, who heads another organization fighting for the civil rights of black people in this country; and Rev. Galamison, I guess you’ve heard of him, is another Christian minister in New York who has been deeply involved in the school boycotts to eliminate segregated education; well, I myself am a minister; and I believe in action on all fronts by whatever means necessary.

Although I’m still a Muslim, I’m not here tonight to discuss my religion. I’m not here to argue or discuss anything that we differ about, because it’s time for us to submerge our differences and realize that it is best for us to first see that we have the same problem, a common problem-----------a problem that will make you catch hell whether you’re a Baptist, or a Methodist, or a Muslim, or a nationalist. Whether you’re educated or illiterate, whether you live on the boulevard or in the alley, you’re going to catch hell just like I am. We’re all in the same boat and we all are going to catch the same hell from the same man. He just happens to be a white man. All of us have suffered here, in this country, political oppression at the hands of the white man, economic exploitation at the hands of the white man, and social degradation at the hands of the white man.

Now in speaking like this, it doesn’t mean that we’re anti-white, but it does mean we’re anti-exploitation, we’re anti_-egradation, we’re anti-oppression. And if the white man doesn’t want us to be anti-him, let him stop oppressing and exploiting and degrading us.

Whether we are Christians or Muslims or nationalists or agnostics or atheists, we must first learn to forget our differences. If we have differences, let us differ in the closet; when we come out in front, let us not have anything to argue about until we get finished arguing with the man. If the late President Kennedy could get together with Khrushchev and exchange some wheat, we certainly have more in common with each other than Kennedy and Khrushchev had with each other.

If we don’t do something real soon, I think you’ll have to agree that we’re going to be forced either to use the ballot or the bullet. It’s one or the other in 1964. It isn’t that time is running out__time has run out! 1964 threatens to be the most explosive year America has ever witnessed. The most explosive year. Why? It’s also a political year. It’s the year when all of the white politicians will be back in the so_called Negro community jiving you and me for some votes. The year when all of the white political crooks will be right back in your and my community with their false promises, building up our hopes for a letdown, with their trickery and their treachery, with their false promises which they don’t intend to keep. As they nourish these dissatisfactions, it can only lead to one thing, an explosion. And now we have the type of black man on the scene in America today__I’m sorry, Brother Lomax__who just doesn’t intend to turn the other cheek any longer.

Don’t let anybody tell you anything about the odds are against you. If they draft you, they send you to Korea and make you face 800 million Chinese. If you can be brave over there, you can be brave right here. These odds aren’t as great as those odds. And if you fight here, you will at least know what you’re fighting for.

I’m not a politician, not even a student of politics; in fact, I’m not a Democrat, I’m not a Republican, and I don’t even consider myself an American. If you and I were Americans, there’d be no problem. Those Honkies that just got off the boat, they’re already Americans; Polacks are already Americans; the Italian refugees are already Americans. Everything that came out of Europe, every blue_eyed thing, is already an American.

And as long as you and I have been over here, we aren’t Americans yet.

Well, I am one who doesn’t believe in deluding myself. I’m not going to sit at your table and watch you eat, with nothing on my plate, and call myself a diner. Sitting at the table doesn’t make you a diner, unless you eat some of what’s on that plate. Being here in America doesn’t make you an American. Being born here in American doesn’t make you an American. Why, if birth made you American, you wouldn’t need any legislation, you wouldn’t need any amendments to the Constitution, you wouldn’t be faced with civil rights filibustering in Washington, D.C., right now. They don’t have to pass civil rights legislation to make a Polack an American.

No, I’m not an American. I’m one of the 22 million black people who are the victims of Americanism. One of the 22 million black people who are the victims of democracy, nothing but disguised hypocrisy. So, I’m not standing here speaking to you as an American, or a patriot, or a flag_saluter, or a flag_waver__no, not I. I’m speaking as a victim of this American system. And I see America through the eyes of the victim. I don’t see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

They don't make people like him anymore...........All the money they offered him .... And even the highest positions they offered him, He and his family would have gained greatly and he may have added so many years on to his life. Yet he still never sold us out...

We are so busy trying to be like-able, and to fit in for an nickle .........We lost ourselves !!!

Hahaha, you startin' out wrong already, you postin' works that don't belong to you and you not quotin' it and providin' sources, for which the mods will tell you themselves, you must do... next, it is Astrology, not atrology...hahaha

Nobody wants to read a bunch of stuff just to find out it's not your words, what do you know yourself about Astrology?????

Now, I thought this was funny when I saw it come up on the home page but I must get back to this great movie that I am watching... anyone besides Linda Chavis see "Skin" yet????:)

Astrologer4U

Thanks for that information................

:em2300:

I forgot that that rule is for just some !!!

I found a man with Moon in Pisces and Venus in Scorpio, with a Masculine Sun and Masculine Asc, If you're nice, I'll hook a sister up !!!

Then perhaps you have something else to do with your time.
:em2300:

Gotta go, My man with an Leo moon is roaring for me.

:SuN049: Jealousy is not an attractive trait, tho. lmbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back