Black People : Suing For College Tuition Failed!

A "B" average? I disagree. Just because a person can take knowledge in doesn't mean they can give it back (teachers) or that they can use that knowledge in a practical fashion in their chosen professions. For ex., studies have shown that the best doctors with the most successful practices tend to be in the bottom half of their classes, many 90 out of 100.... or worse! Many of the best military men in U.S. history graduated from West Pointe.... at or near the bottom of their classes:

What makes West Point Goats so interesting?
Everybody loves an underdog. The story of the Goat demonstrates that you don’t have to be an academic superstar in order to be successful or to make a difference. I think that military leadership and bravery and other qualities of that type are not necessarily learned in a classroom. Somebody who studies all the time, obeys all the rules, and gets good grades may not necessarily be a great leader of men and may not necessarily be someone who has the kind of decision making qualities that will lead to victory. What I am exploring is another aspect of military leadership and also the qualities of human bravery and that type of achievement.
At West Point, has there been any relationship between class rank and career success?
I never ran across a formal study, but there is folklore about that—that it’s always the people from the middle and below who make the best officers and leaders. Now you sometimes find people who graduated at the top and went on to greatness—like Robert E. Lee was second in his class. Or Douglas MacArthur, for example. But frequently you find people like Dwight Eisenhower, who graduated somewhere in the middle of his class and said, “If anybody saw signs of greatness in me while at West Point they kept it to themselves.” Or Ulysses S. Grant, who was in the middle of his class

Read more: http://failuremag.com/feature/article/the_goats_of_west_point/P3/#ixzz2zjrUNAj7

When I was growing up, I was told from the age of 14 on. "At 18, you outta here!" There was no illusion. We have raised soft kids

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back