Black Christians : Science And The Bible

Why was the doctrine forced on some groups and not on
others?

Can you elaborate a little bit more. I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

But in reference to perhaps the doctrine of 'Christianity' being forced upon certain Black/African people, I do believe it was ALL ABOUT TRADE competition during the early time of the COLONIAL EMPIRE and there was no concern about certain doctrines of Christianity. I doubt if most of the people involved with pushing 'Christianity' even knew what was in between the book cover or, better still, they probably couldn't even read!

I realize this is a generalization, but most Black people became Christian and even Muslim under the gun. Over time, the practices just became accepted as a normal way of 'doing business'. However, is this not against the doctrine of free choice and free will---if initially they were forced on us? Thanks for sharing.

Can you elaborate a little bit more. I'm not quite sure I understand the question.

But in reference to perhaps the doctrine of 'Christianity' being forced upon certain Black/African people, I do believe it was ALL ABOUT TRADE competition during the early time of the COLONIAL EMPIRE and there was no concern about certain doctrines of Christianity. I doubt if most of the people involved with pushing 'Christianity' even knew what was in between the book cover or, better still, they probably couldn't even read!

I realize this is a generalization, but most Black people became Christian and even Muslim under the gun. Over time, the practices just became accepted as a normal way of 'doing business'. However, is this not against the doctrine of free choice and free will---if initially they were forced on us? Thanks for sharing.

So True, so true! It seems like we have been brainwashed to follow without even realizing that as you put it in question; "is this not against the doctrine of free choice and free will"...

I hope this subject will continue. I hope to come back to this post.

Jesus and his disciples did not "force" anyone.

True, they didnt force anyone, but later on that religion was forced on many and it is still being done up to this day.
I have a question, why are black people christians anyway? We didnt know anything about christianity before we were captured and enslaved. So we are supposed to absorb the religion of the people who enslaved and tortured us for hundreds of years because their religion, which they gave us, tells us to forgive, be good people, blah blah blah. If someone hates/disrespects you and considers you to be 3/5 of a man, and they give you a book that talks about how much someone else loves you and suffered for you, then that same person tells you to believe everything in that book b/c its true, would you do it? I know that's a ruff analogy, so excuse me. I dont get it. We are naturally spiritual people, and they (whoever "they" may be) get us all the time with that. We want to know god, we come from the first people who knew god, and something in all of us yerns for that and we go about any means to feel it, even if it means taking in the religion of the people that have done us the most harm in history.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back