Black People : S.C Bridge Named After Harriet Tubman in Her Honor

Jackee

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 6, 2006
East Coast
By Andy Paras The Charleston Post and Courier

WALTERBORO, S.C. - Auburn icon Harriet Tubman will once again provide safe passage to the North. And, as a sign of the times, to the South as well.

Work began last week in South Carolina to expand a U.S. Highway 17 bridge over the Combahee River, which will be named after the former leader of the Underground Railroad. The bridge will be just south of where historians think Tubman helped lead a Union raid on several plantations that freed more than 750 slaves in 1863.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2007

HarrietTubman.com

Jackee said:
By Andy Paras The Charleston Post and Courier

WALTERBORO, S.C. - Auburn icon Harriet Tubman will once again provide safe passage to the North. And, as a sign of the times, to the South as well.

Work began last week in South Carolina to expand a U.S. Highway 17 bridge over the Combahee River, which will be named after the former leader of the Underground Railroad. The bridge will be just south of where historians think Tubman helped lead a Union raid on several plantations that freed more than 750 slaves in 1863.

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 7, 2007

HarrietTubman.com

I think its OK to do such but....

I read where one of our ANCESTORS wonder WHY ANYONE WOULD NAME A SCHOOL AFTER HIMSELF.

It just PUZZLED HIM GREATLY.

In the END, he gave his OK but still WONDER.

I think HARRIET TUBMAN would THINK the SAME.

Wonder WHY?

Is there FREEDOM for US from RUTHLESS WHITE on either SIDE of the BRIDGE?

Have the COMMUNITIES on EACH SIDE of the BRIDGE was DIRECTLY INVOLVED with ITS BUILDING?

So far in my OPINION I SEE BONDAGE.

And HARRIET TUBMAN was a GUIDE to FREEDOM.

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back