Black People : Reality Checks: 2013

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
I feel and think some here do need a better overall take on our history in this nation/on this continent...

Unless and until you do, then what's going on/down/etc. these days is either bound to dumbfound or floor yah...

Admittedly, even way back when, there were some things that led to bad conclusions, plagued my life with wrongheaded illusions...

Having said and written that:

Being a baby boomer, that young child couldn't have been expected to know what the true white defenders of this nation were about to usher in, hence even the so called youth market was a product of the mass media etc.

I. e., as a means/ways/etc., to appease the masses, and/or stem the presumed interest when it came to their rivals, aka those 'godless commies', such is why my generation wound up being proverbial guinea pigs...

But, what a less than cautious and wary bunch of WWII vets were either able or willing to forgive or forget, after having come of age in the era of the Great Depression, some of us found ourselves in revolt, to the conformity ad naseum of our own era...

Thing is, we were or are about just going along to get along, and I fear today's generations do take to the opposite extremes what were just fads and trends for us...

Do any of you reading this recall or have heard of our anti war protests, during the Vietnam War?

And, contrary to popular myths, we weren't hyping drugs as a stairway to (personal) heaven...

Etc.

I'm afraid today's generations know of us, don't realize what we to have to do, after the anger/outrage/etc. cooled down, and we too had to find legit means to make a living...

Even if we didn't make over this nation as some had planned, few can and should dare to deny we tried to make it better...

Flashforward and no disrespect etc., but even those of you that had been a part of the first Million Man March seem and sound like you'd rather just forget about making the effort at all!

The illusion is that mere rallies and protests change things 'overnight'...

The reality is every generation needs their own plan of action...

So, what will be yours, i. e., if everything is just a reaction to the way things are, rather than you striving to change things?

Nobody and nothing just changes short of a effort...

What are some of you here striving to be about?

Holla holla...

FYI

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back