Black Entertainment : R.I.P. RICHIE HAVENS

Again, what's your point? If you berate, chide, a/o dawg those that still celebrate the genre, which is what you seem to be doing, it's obvious you have abandoned the genres to the whites

You really are a head case, aintcha?

:thinking: Or are you so perpetually on the defensive you don't recognize a compliment when you receive one? :oops:

Follow:
Obituaries, Video, Celebrity Deaths 2013, Riche Havens, Richie Havens Dead, Richie Havens Dies, Richie Havens Here Comes The Sun, Richie Havens Woodstock, Black Voices News

s-RICHIE-HAVENS-DEAD-large.jpg

Richie Havens during the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock on August 14, 2009 in Bethel, New York. (Bobby Bank/WireImage)
NEW YORK — Richie Havens, the folk singer and guitarist who was the first performer at Woodstock, died Monday at age 72.
Havens died of a heart attack in New Jersey, his family said in a statement. He was born in Brooklyn.
Havens was known for his crafty guitar work and cover songs, including his well-received cover of Bob Dylan's "Just Like a Woman."
His performance at the three-day 1969 Woodstock Festival, where headliners included Jimi Hendrix, was a turning point in his career. He was the first act to hit the stage, performing for nearly three hours. His performance of "Freedom," based from the spiritual "Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child," became an anthem.
Havens returned to the site during Woodstock's 40th anniversary in 2009.
"Everything in my life, and so many others, is attached to that train," he said in an interview that year with The Associated Press.
Woodstock remains one of the events that continues to define the 1960s in the popular imagination. Performers included The Who, Janis Joplin, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and dozens of others, and the trippy anarchy of Woodstock has become legendary. There was lots of nudity, casual sex, dirty dancing and open drug use. The stage announcer famously warned people to steer clear of the brown acid.
Havens had originally been scheduled to go on fifth but had been bumped up because of travel delays. Festival producer Michael Lang said in the book "The Road to Woodstock" that he chose Havens "because of his calm but powerful demeanor."

He had his moments etc.

Please do pass along my condolences...

Thanks!

FYI...

Don't make me go into reading comprehension is fundamental.....

Or is it that you just gotta say something? Any ole thing? :lol:

No, because like them he is black and an icon in his genre

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back