Black Women : POWER Suit or Stay-At-Home MOM?

Family Values are more important than money

(<sigh> since this came up in the Sister's forum rather than the Relationship forum, too many are gonna be trying to point all this at the Sisters. NOPE; "it takes two to tango".)

Rebuilding/Recovering the Black Family/Community means Building a Black Family/Community from Within the Black Family/Community, By the Black Family/Community and For the Black Family/Community from the Babies on up. sure, if the Neighborhood you live in shares your Values, then one can feel somewhat "safe" in believing that the Values you are seeking to instill in your Children are the same Values that they are getting while you do shopping, go to work or what have you.

"but we must make sacrifices ..." sacrificing the Future of your Children (something Real!) to the "gods of capitalism" (something made up)? whose power structure is it that you would rather be climbing? how far are you gonna get? and is any of it real or is it all "lip service"? and your children get to watch this and ask of the "babysitters" about your increasing stress, since they spend so much time away from you that they don't feel they know you well enough to ask you?

(24 hours per day, minus eight to ten hour shift (plus travel time plus "ramp up"/"unwind" time [two to four hours]), minus sleeping (four to eight) leaves dinner, homework and where does one squeeze in the time for Hugging? 24 - [8 to 14] - 8 = ?? "weekends"?? stressed from the job; fixin the car, working on the house, in the garden (<whew!! there's another huge time/energy sink! but, one can get around that by spending more of that ever smaller pile of money on the price of groceries that keep going up while the nutritional value keeps going down [what with the increasing usage of chemicals]! well, so much for a garden, eh?) and anywhere else that one had to steal time from during the week - time stolen for the job more often than for the Children!) (oops! did i forget time spent training for advancement?)

it should be obvious by now that the "professionals" and the "educators" aren't about building up nothing but their profits and control at the expense, and on the backs, of them Babies that get turned over to them. whose best interest do they have in mind?

yeah, it is too bad that things got so out of hand that it takes two to be able to afford products and services that have gotten more expensive and of less actual value. great gimmick to drag moms and dads out of the house and let the children be "raised" by other proponents of this system of "supreme capitalistic lunacy"! give them more of that capitalistic "dog eat dog", "ima-get-mines(and-some-of-yours)", Soul less immorality!

who needs the continuous, strenuous work of instilling Values, SelfWorth, Dignity, Honor and Morals when one can just let the bubetube babysitter do it! or turn them over to "child care" centers where they can be "properly" indoctrinated into the peck[erwood]ing order and learn the proper things in life: the latest styles, fads and gimmicks. they can be inundated by all sorts of wonderful, thoughtful images of their proper place in society rather than Learn the Love of their Family, Community and Nation!

wanna know how pernicious it is? "instilling proper capitalistic detachment" wins out over "instilling early Values, Morals and Self Worth". gee, i wonder where the "self destructive behavior" begins?

Family Values are more important than money.

what if there were no Family Values but everybody had money?

what if there was no money but everybody had Family Values?

what if the economy fails, and there are no Family Values?

what if there were ubiquitous Family Values and a rock solid global "economy"?

personally, i prefer Family Values!

power suit and stay at home mom. I feel I have the best of both worlds. I have a 4 month old baby and I spend most of my time with her. I work also but I make my own schedule. I work an average of 2-3 hours 5 days a week. Some of that time is from home. When I'm not with my daughter she is with her father or my aunt. When I stayed home exclusively I felt like I was going crazy. House work is hardwork! Even with electronics. Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back