Black Short Stories : Past, Present, Future?

Bishop

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sitting on the couch watching her picture, feeling a strange longing for her
yet the bitterness still holds me in its grip. It’s been almost a year since we’ve separated
and we’ve both gone on our way. Decisions to be made, as I peruse the paper looking at the classified ads, Divorce Lawyers cheap and quick. I never dreamed just a few years into our marriage I would be contemplating divorce, but here I am. We both had our yelling matches and blaming sessions. Time has given me a chance to think and realize that indeed a part of this was my fault, yet I was too stubborn to admit it. Now I can come to terms yet, it’s too late.

Sheila will be here any minute now. We’ve grown closer over the past couple of months. All of us knew each other in our younger years, she was even in my wedding, yet this past year we’ve noticed an attraction between us that has been there for so long. Since it seemed that I would be free soon, and this attraction has become too unbearable not to at least see where it can go, we decided to take a chance. Our first kiss was a heated and passionate intro into what was obviously inevitable. I was falling for her, not a rebound fall but a true and genuine love. She had the qualities I was looking for, she was sensual, passionate and not afraid to show it. Yet our precarious situation kept us from that ultimate bond that happens between a man and a woman. Oh we flirted with it from time to time skating on temptation’s thin ice, yet we somehow maintained ourselves. After all she was my wife’s close friend.

The divorce would make everything different she was in my corner. She had seen some of the sacrifices I made for my wife only to be berated for some small matter. Two jobs getting up at four am returning at eleven pm to a house where my wife would sit on the phone and put me down to her friends. Holding my composure, I would go into the kitchen and get something to eat, mop the floor and then flop down in my recliner until she drifted off to sleep, then I would go to bed. Sheila was there, she saw what was going on. She knew I still had love for my wife, although it was fleeting fast. The way seemed like an easy one for us. The only thing that could stop me was if my wife wanted to get back together. I would be bound by the vow I took and the love I still had to give it another try, but we both knew that would never happen.

There’s the doorbell, I get up and open the door, there is Sheila looking all luscious in that outfit, as I greet her with a passionate embrace and kiss “what’s up baby?” I ask. She responds “my temperature”. We move to the sofa, where we physically begin to show each other how much we missed each other. She really knows how to make a man feel like a man, the smell of her perfume intoxicating me, bringing out that bestial nature. She always liked a man who let his wild side take over as she was given me free course to ravage her. We knew then that this just may very well be the moment that we go for what is ours, as she unbuttons my shirt and buries her head within my chest, biting and sucking until a blood red hickey appears. She than tells me to give her one just like it just in a lower spot. I’ve been waiting for this moment since we became involved. I knew then that she was destined to become the wife that I had dreamt of. She was a fountain of emotions. One would not have to guess or pretend to be a psychic in order to find out how she was feeling, she let you know it. If she wanted you she would tell you. We would talk for hours and she would make sure I’m ok, make sure I’m eating right, making sure her man was taken care of.
Now it was my turn to take this to the next level. Yeah I’ll call a lawyer tomorrow and get those papers filed, because I must spend the rest of my life with Sheila. Hmmm what’s that the phone ringing? “Hello, I uh I uh, have some company…can I call you back?” My passion just exited out the back door, as Sheila rubs my back my face falls into my hands and a tear streams from my eye. The Love of my life asks me what’s wrong? I can only muster up enough strength to say, “Patrice wants to give our marriage another chance”.

Wow Bishop ... this is great! I Love Drama ... well, I like reading it or watching it on television, not in my own life ... so bring the drama Sweetie ... 'cause you've started something here!

:toast:

:heart:

Destee