Black People : No Black Reporters Covering Hurricane Katrina?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

As i watch the news ... so many Black people being killed in New Orleans, and i have not seen ONE Black reporter on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS ... or any of those national news programs.

Do they not have any Black reporters to give air time to, in order to cover this story?

So many Black folk being reported on, by so many White people. Anyone else notice this?

But we're the story ...

My People My People.

:heart:

Destee

That's krazee Brother Pan.

They use this against us all the time, when convenient for them.

Where is our fear in Iraq with so many young Black men and women fighting?

Where is our fear within our own neigborhoods, many facing bullets and death daily?

Where is our fear when leading the most violent and injurious sports in this country?

Where is the fear that keeps us from overwhelming prisons that violate and rape us daily?

Where is the fear when selling the drugs they supply to our neighborhood, the most stressful of jobs in the world?

I've heard of what you say, Black police officers being mistaken for the criminal and shot by "friendly fire."

They can tell us any dadgum sonofabuck'n thing ... and we fall for it.

Yeah ... we can't let yall do this, because a few of yall might get shot by us ... accidently.

Therefore, you never get to make this money, get this prestige, be in a position to let your people know the truth.

There are Black journalists just like you Brother Pan, willing to go on the front line of their chosen career path, and do their job! Our people are not afraid. It is them who is afraid, and has deflected that fear onto us ... but it is not ours, so let's not embrace it.

Again i ask ... where are the Black journalists covering these Black people?

Why aren't we represented in THAT number ... yet overwhelmingly representing the dying??!!

C'mon now ... help me please.

:heart:

Destee

Good eyes, Destee!

The bosses at the media centers pull the Black reporters because they are considered 'high risk' due to their 'emotional closeness' to the story. White reporters are able to be more 'objective', meaning they will report the expected political line.
As a matter of fact, yesterday the bush caravan created the illusion that massive steps had been made, but one day later, much remains the same at the convention center. Yes, some food and water was brought, a few buses came and took some out but if you check it, the buses stopped after the first wave and the Friday evening news time passed. Thats why I'm urging people to read the 1927 Flood post, so we can get a better understanding that we have to monitor this over weeks and months. The illusion is being built that the calvary has arrived and everyone is now safe. Not true!
Your eyes do not deceive you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back