Black People : My Father Raped Me...Then Walked Me Down the Aisle

The old Ebony.. the African-American created/owned one, never would have put anything like this in print. But when everything is for sale, everything is eventually sold.

It's a sad story to read.

As far as explaining it ... i can't probably do that ... but i can share my perspective of it with you.

It seemed as if the author was purging some stuff out of her, perhaps in an attempt to get past it herself.

The story has all kinds of dysfunction, with more dysfunction heaped upon it, creating a torrid cesspool.

I hope she's made it out of it ... the continued perpetuation and manifestations of it ... in her life.

Thanks for sharing.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Raped at 13, married at 19 and divorced at 21. It's not complicated. She was young and preyed upon.

It seems irrational; but that's youth. And one can only imagine her guidance wasn't so excellent given her Father was her rapist and her Mother seemed to not care.

One thing we see in this family is the obsession with "the perfect image." Everyone. All said, it's explained.

I don't know if the story is true. But if it is, I only hope someone reaches the Queen to tell her that 'substance' is more important than 'appearance.'

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back