river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hey fambly,

My father saw a news report about this and told me about it because I just bought a washing machine. Fortunately for me it is a top loading machine. However, the problem is widespread enough that Whirlpool and Maytag have had to pay settlement on a number of class action suits.

Front loading washers are supposed to be more energy efficient because they use less water. But many consumers are finding mold buildup on the rubber that keeps water from leaking out the door and in the tray that holds the detergent. This problem seems to be more prevalent in home machines rather than the commercial ones probably because the machines in public laundry mats are in constant use so the water is washed away before mold and mildew can build up whereas people at home might only use their machines once or twice a month so water and detergent sit stagnant for two or three weeks..

Although Whirlpool sells tablets that are supposed to reduce mold buildup isn't that kinda crappy. They gonna sell you a machine that will make you sick and then sell you something so it won't make you sick.

If you already have a front loader the bast advice I've found is to keep the door and the rubber around the door dry after you do all your laundry so water won't be sitting for two or three weeks and clean and dry the detergent tray as well. Be sure to check for water trapped up under the rubber.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by Da River.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back