Black People Politics : Marc Morial New National Urban League President...

The Memphis office works well NNQueen, not enough of our people utilize or are familiar with the resource.

Peace In,

To be honest, I didn't realize that the Urban League was still active. The branch in my city was plagued with issues of mismanagement of funds and was shut down. Unfortunate for people in my town.

When I saw the national website, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is still actively engaged in building strong communities, particularly supporting our youth.

It also made me think of Bro. Omowale Jabali and his persistent message for us to get organized. Well, here is a long established program that was present in many cities across the nation and my question is, how viable is it in doing what it claims to be in business for. How effective is it and why aren't "enough of our people" using it, Bro. Clyde Coger.

To be honest, I didn't realize that the Urban League was still active. The branch in my city was plagued with issues of mismanagement of funds and was shut down. Unfortunate for people in my town.

When I saw the national website, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it is still actively engaged in building strong communities, particularly supporting our youth.

It also made me think of Bro. Omowale Jabali and his persistent message for us to get organized. Well, here is a long established program that was present in many cities across the nation and my question is, how viable is it in doing what it claims to be in business for. How effective is it and why aren't "enough of our people" using it, Bro. Clyde Coger.

Unfortunately, the description of branch activities in your city, happens a lot. Can't answer that question NNQueen, I can only speak for my city and what I hear coming from that branch ... even more folk in Memphis could be using the resource than presently do. Perhaps it needs an overhaul, and modification to suit the changing times we live in. IDK, smh.

In many areas the Urban League changed their emphasis to Head Start and Early education/pre-school programs. It also provides space for community organizations such as the following in Los Angeles.

http://www.cocosouthla.org/node/453

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back