Black People : Love thy neighbor demonstrated by black lady neighbor

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Teens painted racial slurs, broke neighbor's heart

Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Rena A. Koontz
Plain Dealer Reporter
Guilford Township - Monica Hewitt's heart broke when she learned that two neighbor boys were responsible for painting racial slurs on her property over the weekend and causing her to lose sleep.

"In a way, I was relieved to find out no one wanted to hurt me," said the 37-year-old Hewitt, who is black. "But we've lived here since 1982, and I've known those boys forever. I asked them if they knew what it meant, and they said yes. So, in a way, they wanted to hurt me."

Charges have not been filed against the white 17- and 16-year-old Styx Hill Road teens who knocked on Hewitt's door Tuesday afternoon with their parents to apologize for painting the letters KKK in blue paint on Hewitt's driveway and on a board nailed to a tree near the drive.

Hewitt heard voices outside her window around midnight on Sunday but didn't see anything when she looked out. Sunday morning she saw blue paint when she backed out of her driveway but did not see what it spelled until she returned.

Her first instinct was to protect her neighbors. The sheriff's report says that when asked if the juveniles could have done it, Hewitt "didn't believe they would have done it."

Hewitt said the boys told her they thought it would be funny to paint the racial epithets and leave two pounds of bologna pieces at the tree base.

Medina County Prosecutor Dean Holman said it's no laughing matter. "Insulting, derogatory and egregious" were words he used when he learned of the incident.

Hewitt spent a sleepless night crying and wondering what she did to make someone so angry.

"I was afraid. This has hurt the whole community," she said. It helped that neighbors rallied to support her as word spread of the prank. She said the boys' apology seemed sincere.

"I'll sleep better tonight."

"I feel bad for them," Hewitt said. "All their mother could do was cry. And I cried. I've cried enough for all of us. This one thing ruined so many lives."

"It's clear the family doesn't condone this," Chief Deputy Tom Miller of the Medina County Sheriff's Office said. "These kids were looked upon as good kids."

Miller said a 13-year-old cousin who was visiting from Westerville, near Columbus, was part of the prank.

...Get the rest here
-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Miss Black Cleveland Ohio Neighbor, WE NEED ALOT OF YOU IN OUR POOR BLACK COMMUNITIES. BROTHERS and SISTERS OUT THERE NEED IT. WHY WASTE SUCH GOOD JUDGEMENT ON THEM.

Look for these CURSED CITIZENS near you, since ONE BLACK PERSON gave them a BREAK ALL of US WILL TOO SUPPOSEDLY.

oH WELL.

Man OH Man, when we were kids, this Jewish man would play baseball and stuff with us. He was older, job, car, own house, so I'd say in his thirty's. One day, we thought about chalking a swastika in his driveway. Just as a prank, we loved the guy, he was a friend. At the time, I didn't know stuff like that could produce nightmares. So glad now we never got around to it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back