Black Entertainment : Kool Mo Dee

brother james....
when i said the situation was more complex then that...it was said as such because the variables come from both sides...

business side...violence sells...sex sells...profanity sells...the industry has feed off of these elements for the longest of times...first with rock, now with rap...most black people listen to the junk that they play on the radio...not all but most...when you oversaturate the market with the same type of music...it is human nature to eventually grow to like it...and that is what the biz is banking on...no more is it about what is being said...it's more about the "sound" i.e.(that ghetto sound, that crunk sound...that hardcore sound)...you want the youth to stand up to this business but what about the elders? who was it that sold B.E.T...was he an older black businessman?...just checking

the black side....when i grew up...my father listened heavily to jazz...so when i grew up, i had a deep appreciation for classic and modern jazz from miles to joshua redman...a lot of young black parents since the late 90's listen to the radio and "commercial rap"...again...it's only human nature that these kids will grow up having an appreciation for commercial rap...to me...commercial rap is str8 garbage...but the question is not how do we get this bullcrap music off the airwaves...it's how do we get us and our children to stop listening to it and supporting it...because if we do, the music will suddenly go away...

in conclusion...i just have to say...this is another example of the brainwashing that this country has inflected upon the black culture...we don't need to keep blaming people for our situation, including ourselves...we need to break the chains and find avenues to do this...

I AM A TRU HIP HOP HEAD....so i know that most rap is wack as crack...we as black people are and will always be the trendsetters in this country...we just need to start setting better trends...word

one love
khasm

Therious said:
WERD, AND YOU GET A HOLD OF MOS DEF BLACK ON BOTH SIDES AS WELL AS THE NEW MOS DEF & TALIB KWELI JOINTZ

ONE
if you mean "umi says", i been had that but i have pulled it out for more listening.

BTW - when i comment on the current state of hip hop i am not really trying to be critical.
i am trying to be encouraging.
i am trying to say there must be a way to turn things around.

jamesfrmphilly said:
if you mean "umi says", i been had that but i have pulled it out for more listening.

BTW - when i comment on the current state of hip hop i am not really trying to be critical.
i am trying to be encouraging.
i am trying to say there must be a way to turn things around.

feel u. ur right. i will say many emcees have gave up on stations and major labels. hip hop has created its own secret society as krs would say.many have looked to make revenue from shows in the u.s. and through out the world.

i think there r not enough artists signed to labels (cuz the labels r all about $$) that want to spit some realness, they r more concerned with money. there is one radio joint that gets some play, the remix to why?? by jada kiss, the remix features , common, nas, styles P.(i think its styles) if u aint heard peep the lyrics on that joint<<hot to death.

good point though, fools just need to bum rush show or the staion i mean..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back