Black People : jus some thoughts lookin 4 feedback

daroc

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 16, 2004
yesterday, some college friends and I were having a deep discussion with some army men about how black men need to stop joining the army, taking the easy way out of life's responsibilities, thinking that it will solve all their problems. As we continured , it became a debate on how many black males today are living in a "bubble", that only concerns themselves. How many do not realize the type of society that we live in and understand the concepts behind why Blacks are so "stuck". My friends and I left to continue the discussion on our own, and we seemed to branch out to various topics:(1) how the govenment controls,plots and plans evreything, even the murders and asssasination of our leaders( something many question, but dont take in to consideration), (2) how black woman seem to being taking over everything under the mentally that they cant wait for the black man becasue they are not progressing fast enough, and(3) how whites "hate" us soo much and put us in categories(that we sometimnes allow them too) ,(4) however they(whites) are yearning for our culture, soaking up our music,( and have been since the begining of each genre), our style and our color( oh, and our men). It was a pretty intersting (controversal) conversation that i think many black american need to have to evalute these same issues or ones simular.

We are just college students, so obviously our minds and thoughts, and information(facts) on such issues may not be as accurate or potent as someone who really knows what they are talking about .

So I just wanted to but these issues out on the table , and see what everyone has to say about them. Because its sad when u feel u jus had a meaningful conversation that not many people where present to have an input on. And one also learns better from thier peers and surrounding communtiy.....So what are yalll thoughts?

Well,

(2) how black woman seem to being taking over everything under the mentally that they cant wait for the black man becasue they are not progressing fast enough,

read this info on facts about Professional Black women, it's very interesting.

http://www.bcw.org/facts.shtml

Although I don't agree that black women are trying to take over, I will say that 45% of African American homes are headed by women. I myself am a single mother and I plan to start my own business one day soon. There's alot of responsibility in taking care of children and a home. These women are creating opportunities for themselves and I encourage and applaud them. So the reason for the "take over" as you call it, aint personal, but just a means to survive in this cold hard world.

(1)Well, my thoughts on joining the army has been the same for many years since I was young. I DO NOT think black men or women should join the army. We are not good enough to call equal in America's eyes, so why die for America. So many of us can't get jobs, but we can just walk on up and join the military? What's wrong with this picture? Why fight blindly for someone who hates you?(2) I don't agree with this because there are plenty of good black men out there. Though there are too many single woman households. I always wonder why that is? I mean, there are alot on no-good men, but we can't place the blame soley on men. There is always two sides of a story, maybe this is better started as another thread. (3) White people do put us into categories, and yes, we do let them and sometimes we strengthen their stereotypes (see Soul Plane discussion). We should not be so quick to mimic what we see as "US" being depicted on television because that's not the reality of black people. We are not really that shallow and ignorant. (4) Whites are yearning for our culture. All they know in their culture is conquer, kill and oppress. They look at our culture because we are more creative. They make so much fun of us and our appearance and style, but they try to copy us to a T. They are trying to destroy our music by making us rich to degrade ourselves, and we are letting them. They secretly envy us for what we bring to fashion, music and anything else that has to do with originality and charisma, because they don't have that.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back