How To Get Rid of Email Notifications?

medusanegrita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
I just checked the email I used to register here, and I had over 300 notifications of threads I replied too are started!

Usually that would be under 'user Cp' where I can control or limit my email notifications. I can't do that because I'm not a premium member.

Oh come on, I really don't need this clogging up my inbox.

So what part do I get into so I can control these inbox notifications?

Sister ... even though you are not a Premium Member, you should be able to manage thread subscriptions from the User CP.

Have you tried it yet, and it actually won't let you, or are you assuming you don't have this ability?

Give it a try, and let me know, as you should be able to change thread subscription notifications.

In addition, when you post to a thread (in the advanced post view), you can mark whether you want any notification or not.

Take a peek Sister, and let me know.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Sister ... even though you are not a Premium Member, you should be able to manage thread subscriptions from the User CP.

Have you tried it yet, and it actually won't let you, or are you assuming you don't have this ability?

Give it a try, and let me know, as you should be able to change thread subscription notifications.

In addition, when you post to a thread (in the advanced post view), you can mark whether you want any notification or not.

Take a peek Sister, and let me know.

Love You!

Destee

Thanks, I will check it out. I looked in User CP and when I tried to manage anything there, it referenced me not being a premium user.

And while you're here responding, I want to bring something to your attention...

I posted the first post in a thread started by Workinprocess.
http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63916

I guess that sorta set the 'tone' for the thread (but not really... as people have their own opinions and will post them anyway)... but in any case, it wasn't a response that Workinrocess liked and didn't appreciate having in her thread at all, especially as a first response.

So after I made that post, I stopped reading in it and stopped posting in the thread period. It's the same thing I did for a thread TruthtotheCause initiated because I didn't want to engage in a downhill discussion or do any negative or critical banter back and forth.

In any case... under the superficial guise of making it look like it pertained to the thread or something I said - she presented this thread in two more threads
http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59859&page=5

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63936&page=2

so I was 'forced' to go back to the original thread I avoided to offer an apology there (not to mention the apology I offered in another thread for that initial thread).

Isn't this akin to harassment? To follow people from thread to thread, talking about a another thread in which a person made a comment that you don't like? I was cynical, a bit curt maybe, but not rude or inflammatory.

Thanks.

Thanks, I will check it out. I looked in User CP and when I tried to manage anything there, it referenced me not being a premium user.

And while you're here responding, I want to bring something to your attention...

I posted the first post in a thread started by Workinprocess.
http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63916

I guess that sorta set the 'tone' for the thread (but not really... as people have their own opinions and will post them anyway)... but in any case, it wasn't a response that Workinrocess liked and didn't appreciate having in her thread at all, especially as a first response.

So after I made that post, I stopped reading in it and stopped posting in the thread period. It's the same thing I did for a thread TruthtotheCause initiated because I didn't want to engage in a downhill discussion or do any negative or critical banter back and forth.

In any case... under the superficial guise of making it look like it pertained to the thread or something I said - she presented this thread in two more threads
http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59859&page=5

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63936&page=2

so I was 'forced' to go back to the original thread I avoided to offer an apology there (not to mention the apology I offered in another thread for that initial thread).

Isn't this akin to harassment? To follow people from thread to thread, talking about a another thread in which a person made a comment that you don't like? I was cynical, a bit curt maybe, but not rude or inflammatory.

Thanks.

Sister ... thanks for demonstrating control of your own self, by discontinuing engagement, when it appears to be going downhill (becoming negative and/or disruptive).

Unfortunately, you kinda diminish the responsible behavior, by suggesting you were "forced" back in. No force was used Sister, you went back of your own free will.

While we do discourage Members from harassing others ... 2 occurrences alone, does not constitute harassment.

We will watch it with you though, and if it rises to the level of harassment, we'll address it.

Also, I applaud and encourage you to continue ignoring those that you must, for it will insure your being able to remain with us.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Love You!

Destee

Sister ... thanks for demonstrating control of your own self, by discontinuing engagement, when it appears to be going downhill (becoming negative and/or disruptive).

Unfortunately, you kinda diminish the responsible behavior, by suggesting you were "forced" back in. No force was used Sister, you went back of your own free will.

While we do discourage Members from harassing others ... 2 occurrences alone, does not constitute harassment.

We will watch it with you though, and if it rises to the level of harassment, we'll address it.

Also, I applaud and encourage you to continue ignoring those that you must, for it will insure your being able to remain with us.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Love You!

Destee

I think we good. I just want to make a public note of the behavior because sometimes people aren't aware how their behavior is represented or manifest.

And 'forced' was the wrong word, that's why it is in quotations for lack of a better word.

I erased all email subscriptions so hopefully that helps with the initial problem.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back