How To Get Rid of Email Notifications?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by medusanegrita, Mar 30, 2010.

1. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    I just checked the email I used to register here, and I had over 300 notifications of threads I replied too are started!

Usually that would be under 'user Cp' where I can control or limit my email notifications. I can't do that because I'm not a premium member.

Oh come on, I really don't need this clogging up my inbox.

So what part do I get into so I can control these inbox notifications?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister ... even though you are not a Premium Member, you should be able to manage thread subscriptions from the User CP.

Have you tried it yet, and it actually won't let you, or are you assuming you don't have this ability?

Give it a try, and let me know, as you should be able to change thread subscription notifications.

In addition, when you post to a thread (in the advanced post view), you can mark whether you want any notification or not.

Take a peek Sister, and let me know.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. medusanegrita

Ratings:
    +565
    Thanks, I will check it out. I looked in User CP and when I tried to manage anything there, it referenced me not being a premium user.

And while you're here responding, I want to bring something to your attention...

I posted the first post in a thread started by Workinprocess.
    http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63916

I guess that sorta set the 'tone' for the thread (but not really... as people have their own opinions and will post them anyway)... but in any case, it wasn't a response that Workinrocess liked and didn't appreciate having in her thread at all, especially as a first response.

So after I made that post, I stopped reading in it and stopped posting in the thread period. It's the same thing I did for a thread TruthtotheCause initiated because I didn't want to engage in a downhill discussion or do any negative or critical banter back and forth.

In any case... under the superficial guise of making it look like it pertained to the thread or something I said - she presented this thread in two more threads
    http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59859&page=5

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63936&page=2

so I was 'forced' to go back to the original thread I avoided to offer an apology there (not to mention the apology I offered in another thread for that initial thread).

Isn't this akin to harassment? To follow people from thread to thread, talking about a another thread in which a person made a comment that you don't like? I was cynical, a bit curt maybe, but not rude or inflammatory.

Thanks.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister ... thanks for demonstrating control of your own self, by discontinuing engagement, when it appears to be going downhill (becoming negative and/or disruptive).

Unfortunately, you kinda diminish the responsible behavior, by suggesting you were "forced" back in. No force was used Sister, you went back of your own free will.

While we do discourage Members from harassing others ... 2 occurrences alone, does not constitute harassment.

We will watch it with you though, and if it rises to the level of harassment, we'll address it.

Also, I applaud and encourage you to continue ignoring those that you must, for it will insure your being able to remain with us.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Love You!

Destee

5. medusanegrita

Ratings:
    +565
    I think we good. I just want to make a public note of the behavior because sometimes people aren't aware how their behavior is represented or manifest.

And 'forced' was the wrong word, that's why it is in quotations for lack of a better word.

I erased all email subscriptions so hopefully that helps with the initial problem.

6. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223
    I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't made aware that my name came up in this thread. I think it is interesting how people pass off being rude and and disrespectful, as speaking ones mind or being cynical and curt but certainly not inflammatory. :10500:

Excuse me, but is cynical or curt something nice or respectful, things that should be considered as innocent? Since when does anyone get to make up the rules for what is proper or improper disrespect? That's the problem I initially had with this sista. She doesn't see anything wrong with impulsively "speaking her mind" but she has a problem with other people speaking their mind, then she has the audacity to point out what was right about her speaking her mind ( it was only a bit of cynicism and curtness) and what was wrong about someone else speaking their mind (it was harassment):10500:

cynicism - a skeptical, scornful or pessimistic attitude; an emotion of jaded negativity, or a general distrust of the integrity or professed motives of other people.

curtness - abruptness: an abrupt discourteous manner

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define:curt&btnG=Search

W.I.P
    :whip:

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    WorkinProcess ... all of the above is fine and good, but each of you will be held responsible for demonstrating adult, responsible, and respectful interactions. The fact that you feel justified in doing and saying what you do, and no doubt she does too, will not keep either of you from being suspended or banned if you disrupt our peace.

If you have made the determination that this Sister, or any Member here, doesn't interact in a manner that suits you ... stay away from them ... for you will be held responsible for your continued back and forth with and about them.

This new policy is here : We Are Not An Adult BabySitting Service ... and I encourage you to read it.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee

8. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223
    I don't wish to give you or anyone else any problems Destee, in fact, I didn't think it would go this far. She spoke her mind and I spoke mine, I didn't think nor did I know that she had made a complaint on me because lord knows, in my mind, it wasn't that serious for me to make a complaint on her. I like sista Medusnegrita despite the obvios and I have no animosity towards her. She is a grown woman and so am I, so I thought we would say our comments and then move on.

If she feels that she can speak her mind, she should allow other people that same liberation without making points about how people should go about doing so. I recall her telling another member something to the affect that if they post, they should expect for their post to be put under Scrutiny. after seeing her say that, in addition to seeing her disrespect the elders, I just knew that she could take what she dished out, so maybe I did in a way, put her to a test to see if she walked the talk that she talked, I will admit that. I didn't put her post under scrutiny in a proper way (by way of cynicism or curtness) because in my mind, there is no proper way to scrutinize :10500:

Sister Medusanegrita, not that it is an excuse, but now you see why I reacted towards you the way that I did, maybe some where in your mind you will understand me as I feel that I now understand why you made the statements that you made. I apologize for making you feel harassed, truly I do. It is not my intention to be at odds with another black woman over something really petty, it's just not that serious. This is not a plea to get you to speak to me again, this is just something I have to do for my self which is admit the wrong I played, forgive my self and then move on. I will understand if you choose to put me on ignore.

Sister Destee, same to you, I apologize for your having to take out the time to get in between some petty issue taking place between two adult women. I pride my self on truly being a mature adult woman and I am not yet perfect at doing such but trust me, I am working on it because being human is no excuse to stay idle and stationary in repeating the same obvious mistakes over and over.

W.I.P :whip:

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank You Sister WorkinProcess ... Truly.

Much Love and Peace.

Destee