Egypt : Have We Started With The Most Difficult?

emanuel goodman said:
in my opininon the cart is pulling the horse meaning we are going backwards. We must introduce the neteru to every one and what they represent first. Then and only then when they are mentioned will the new student become comfortable with the material. Because all kemetic doctrines are based on the neters. in addition is not up to any one to give u your truth system it is exclusive to u
Excellent point. This would be a good way to dispel the myth of polytheism in Kemetic spirituality early on.

Destee said:
Brother Emanuel ... okay, i'm hearing you teach ... :teach: ... thanks for sharing!

I went and did a search on Neteru, because i'd never heard this term before. I found the following site, which looks really good in regard to listing the Neteru ... :) ... (smiling at myself, even using this word in conversation, as i never have before, thank you!) ... the site seems to be so good, that i wanted to just copy and paste everything here, but that would not be right or fair to that site owner.

The site, Myths & Neteru, provides this brief intro to the page ...

Among the Egyptians there were numerous Neteru (a word wrongly but roughly translated to gods). Every city had its own pantheon, every ruler thier patron.

To make this easier I shall explain how this site is set up. Below is a list of Neteru... if you click on a Neteru you will be taken to a page with a brief discription, an image or two and possibly a link to a myth or other tibbit such as related Neteru. (If you do not see the god you are looking for.. return in a few days. I am trying to add a couple pages or so each day.)

So Neteru are Gods? Is that right? And according to the list, images, info, etc., that this site owner has provided ... there are many Gods ... right?? Now that is something i didn't really know! Even though i've skimmed enough, heard enough, to halfway understand that there are numerous Gods, i never really understood it or consciously wrapped my mind around it. Okay. I gotta do that now i see ... :) ... no problem, i just never had anything concrete enough to initiate such. Okay, thanks again Brother Emanuel.

It looks like we need to start a thread on the Neteru, sharing and learning about the Gods.

The site owner also titles the page "Myth and Neteru" ... which is kinda throw'n me off, as a myth in my mind, is something that is not real ... and associating it with Neteru, almost implies that it is not real either??!! Whew. Okay. Go slow Destee. Hmmmmm ... maybe i better go look up myth again. Speaking of looking up words, whew, simply studying this has presented so many words i've never really used before. I think we need a vocabulary thread too!

Brother Emanuel ... great suggestion, i'm seeing a little clearer already (i think) ... thank you !!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

:heart:

Destee

Sista Destee,

The concept of many gods is not something that shoud be unfamiliar to those of us who have come out of christianity. Although, unfortunately it is. Yet does it not say in your law, "I said ye are gods."
Psalms 82:1
God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

I too had a hard time understanding the Kemetic concept of God. I was almost turned off by Ra Un Nefer Amen calling God It. But I decided to read on and find out what the deal was. I still can't call my Creator an It but I do understand that he is a force within me instead of floating up on the clouds somewhere as I was taught. As a child I used to wonder where heaven went when there were no clouds in the sky.

Then again if you read the bible you see that while God created man's body he did not create our spirits but breathed our spirits. That is what we are in essence, the breath of God. Or, as Sam and I like to say, a cup of water out of the ocean.

SAMURAI36 said:
PEACE KEMETKIND:
Herein is where yet another myth surfaces:

You don't have to belong to the AAS in order to understand and live by this knowledge.

Moreover, that's not the point of becoming "initiated".

Initiation is a completely internal process. All the external stuff are simply formalities that can be easily avoided.

Of all the people here whom I'd endorsed previously, not all of them are members of the AAS--nor would I surmise that they want to be--at least, not in any official capacity.

I appreciate the above clarifications...they were helpful.

Many points in the remainder of your post deserve a serious vetting, which I intend to facilitate but haven't the time just yet.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back