Black Spirituality Religion : Happy in Heaven?

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
The Bible tells us a great number of angels rebelled with satan. Why did they rebel? I've been told it was because they were jealous. They wanted to be like God. Why did they want to be like God? If they were happy with who they were why would they want to be like God? I am legally blind and hard of hearing, yet I am so happy with who I am it has never occurred to me to be someone else. The bottom line is for whatever reason these angels were unhappy. So Heaven is not some magical place where everyone will automatically be happy. If the being who lived there were unhappy what makes us think we will be happy in a place we've never been?

The Bible also tells us there were angels who looked on human women and left Heaven to mate with them. Why were these angels so unimpressed by their experience in Heaven they gave it all up to be with women? That's like being in the Red Lobster thinking hmm those quart pounders sure do look good. Imagine pushing your chicken and shrimp alfredo aside and high tailing it to McD's.

The prophet Samuel told King Saul rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. But the sin of rebellion lies not with the rebel but with the tyrant that makes rebellion necessary. The Bible tells us the smoke of those burning in hell will go up before the lord eternally. The threat of punishment does not prevent us from sinning. In fact such a constant reminder of what will happen to us if we get out of line is just the kind of tyrranny that will make it impossible for us to be happy in Heaven.

Happiness is within. It's not something we have to wait for. It's not a place we will go to. Wherever we go there we are and there is the same heart that we can teach to generate joy that we can look to when we need it no matter where we are.

Sister River

This post is brilliant!

:congrats:

The Bible tells us a great number of angels rebelled with satan. Why did they rebel? I've been told it was because they were jealous. They wanted to be like God. Why did they want to be like God? If they were happy with who they were why would they want to be like God? I am legally blind and hard of hearing, yet I am so happy with who I am it has never occurred to me to be someone else. The bottom line is for whatever reason these angels were unhappy. So Heaven is not some magical place where everyone will automatically be happy. If the being who lived there were unhappy what makes us think we will be happy in a place we've never been?

The Bible also tells us there were angels who looked on human women and left Heaven to mate with them. Why were these angels so unimpressed by their experience in Heaven they gave it all up to be with women? That's like being in the Red Lobster thinking hmm those quart pounders sure do look good. Imagine pushing your chicken and shrimp alfredo aside and high tailing it to McD's.

The prophet Samuel told King Saul rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. But the sin of rebellion lies not with the rebel but with the tyrant that makes rebellion necessary. The Bible tells us the smoke of those burning in hell will go up before the lord eternally. The threat of punishment does not prevent us from sinning. In fact such a constant reminder of what will happen to us if we get out of line is just the kind of tyrranny that will make it impossible for us to be happy in Heaven.

Happiness is within. It's not something we have to wait for. It's not a place we will go to. Wherever we go there we are and there is the same heart that we can teach to generate joy that we can look to when we need it no matter where we are.

There's a failing in understanding here because of assumption; just because the angels rebelled does by no means show forth that men and women will not automatically be happy in Heaven.

Those beings were there always, having never been without it, but forsook their places not by reason of it being undesirable nor because they weren't happy with who they were; in fact, they were so happy with who they were, they chose to rebel because they were arrogant in their beauty and strength, and thought somehow they could be better than He who formed them.

They were not unimpressed with who they were nor where they were, but thought they could have the "best of both worlds" for these same angels thought they would be allowed back their same positions after committing such an act.

If a person would not be happy to be in heaven as soon as arrived, why is it thought they would be allowed access to it in the first place? The Father knows all the hearts of men and women; thus, He knows who wants to be there and those who do not.

A person saying they want to be there, but don't know if they'll be happy there is still lacking in understanding because all who understand Heaven know it's a place of great joy! And if a person believes their happiness will only reach as far as the earth, paying Heaven no mind, then that's what they'll have, their happiness on the earth.

Also, those angels are not mankind; mankind hasn't had access to Heaven for far more than a few centuries, so we'd be gaining what we had not before, so of course there is automatic happiness for all who want to be there(there exist none there who don't want to be there). But the angels took for granted their positions, thinking they could not lose their spots, much like men and women do on the earth in positions of great power.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back