Black Spirituality Religion : FREE LECTURE-The Role of Afrikan Spirituality

yeah it was interesting......i've never really tried keeping in contact with my ancestors.....maybe I should start doing so??????

As you noticed bro J-K, Nana placed such important emphasis on communicating with the Ancestors and how we as Afrikan people should practise honouring and calling upon our them. Nana also expressed how our Ancestors are waiting for us to call upon them for help. She says that we cannot turn the other cheek and that we must ask for justice from the Ancestors. Ask for reciprocity and justice. But asking someone to put an evil spell on someone is not allowed.

Nana explains that Akan proverbs are the language of the Ancestors which we must learn. We must be able to communicate with them so we can move forward as elders then onto becoming Ancestors. Ancestors are the continuation of life. Nana stresses the importance of calling on the Ancestors, building altars for them and honouring them. It is important that you prepare your altar and call on the Ancestors. Call on Nat Turner, Sekou Toure, Queen Asantewa, Marcus Garvey, Queen Hapshepsut, Malcolm X, Nanny of the Maroons, Kwame Nkrumah, Harriet Tubman, Toussaint L’ouverture, Amilcar Cabral, Patrice Lumumba, Queen Nzinga, King Taharqa, Hannibal, King Shaka, Queen Nandi. Claim all of our souls for our Afrikan liberation. Lay down a white cloth and get a bowl and some water, light a candle and pour libations calling on the names of your Ancestors...ASE!

She says we must sacrifice and come out of the consumerist mode. Give honour to those things that come from our people and from the earth. Nyame left because the people did not respond. Every morning get up and give honour to those who gave you life and before you go to bed at night, for they are the ones who will ensure you have breath to do the things you need to do the next day. She says we must move quickly away from the enemy’s because retribution is coming.

We each have a divine purpose here on earth, a Nkrabea – purpose/destiny given by Nyame. For some of us our Nkrabea is to lead others out of ignorance and to guide them.

An Akan proverb goes: Nsako na nsa aba - “hand goes and hand comes”, Meaning: If you help your neighbor in his work, he will help you in yours. We have to put in the work to get the results we need. If we do nothing then nothing will change for us. We must do our part and not wait for a miracle.

What:
Intensive Akan (Twi) workshop :great:

When:
Satuday, 7th February, 2009

Time:
2pm EST (7pm for me reminder)

Where:
A b i b i t u m i k a s a . c o m

Goodies:
1) understanding an actual Akan (Twi) libation
2) creating your own libation in Akan (Twi)

See you there!
Love, Peace!
HTP

For anyone interested in attending a class 2night? Its a Free Lecture on Afrikan Spirituality entitled "The Role of Afrikan Spirituality in Afrikan Liberation" followed by Abibitumi Kasa Member Open Discussion.

The lecture is at 6pm EST.

here's where u register:
http://www.******************/forums/register.php
Is there any particular reason why this particular site is crossed out like this???

seems the link ain't showing but its on the a b i b i t u m i k a s a . c o m website... hence the big spaces in between the letter...lol. Everytime I try to type the site address or even just the name of the site it is deleted...what is that about please??? I am not innerstanding. Somebody help a sista out pls.

Love, Peace!

LOL @ me quoting myself, but I wanna know for real why certain postive & what I call sacred Black sites are deleted out on this site where I have to be writing it down with big old spaces in between the letters like thus ---> A b i b i t u m i k a s a . c o m??

Check the following by Dr Kamau Kambon:

Most negroes are so EMOTIONALLY
STARVED, THEY FEEL COMPELLED TO
START SOMETHING THAT "IS THEIR OWN"-
AND THAT THEY CONTROL- so they run out
and set up something so they can boast,"
I gotta site, I gotta cd, I just produced this,
I gotta store, I gotta this, I gotta that-
BUT AS ALL THESE SPLINTER GROUPS POP UP,
THEY ARE NOT SOLVING THE PROBLEM-BUT
ADDIND TO THE PROBLEM

Assignment:
Answer the following question:
Will negroes ever figure this out:
It is in your own best interest
to work with each other and to
support each other-OR DIE at the
hands of the white dominators!
?

WHY DO NEGROES ALWAYS
create or concoct reasons not to
support one another and would rather
choose some form of DEATH, (Subtle
Suicide) instead!!!!
CAN YOU ANSWER THAT FOR ME, PLEASE?

Love, Peace!

Excuse me Sister

LOL @ me quoting myself, but I wanna know for real why certain postive & what I call sacred Black sites are deleted out on this site where I have to be writing it down with big old spaces in between the letters like thus ---> A b i b i t u m i k a s a . c o m??

Check the following by Dr Kamau Kambon:

Most negroes are so EMOTIONALLY
STARVED, THEY FEEL COMPELLED TO
START SOMETHING THAT "IS THEIR OWN"-
AND THAT THEY CONTROL- so they run out
and set up something so they can boast,"
I gotta site, I gotta cd, I just produced this,
I gotta store, I gotta this, I gotta that-
BUT AS ALL THESE SPLINTER GROUPS POP UP,
THEY ARE NOT SOLVING THE PROBLEM-BUT
ADDIND TO THE PROBLEM

Assignment:
Answer the following question:
Will negroes ever figure this out:
It is in your own best interest
to work with each other and to
support each other-OR DIE at the
hands of the white dominators!
?

WHY DO NEGROES ALWAYS
create or concoct reasons not to
support one another and would rather
choose some form of DEATH, (Subtle
Suicide) instead!!!!
CAN YOU ANSWER THAT FOR ME, PLEASE?

Love, Peace!

but after this post, can I change my will?:great: better yet, Might I get on bended knee and propose? :luvu: Ok, I'll leave so we can hear the sound of tumbleweeds. :)

As you noticed bro J-K, Nana placed such important emphasis on communicating with the Ancestors and how we as Afrikan people should practise honouring and calling upon our them. Nana also expressed how our Ancestors are waiting for us to call upon them for help. She says that we cannot turn the other cheek and that we must ask for justice from the Ancestors. Ask for reciprocity and justice. But asking someone to put an evil spell on someone is not allowed.

Nana explains that Akan proverbs are the language of the Ancestors which we must learn. We must be able to communicate with them so we can move forward as elders then onto becoming Ancestors. Ancestors are the continuation of life. Nana stresses the importance of calling on the Ancestors, building altars for them and honouring them. It is important that you prepare your altar and call on the Ancestors. Call on Nat Turner, Sekou Toure, Queen Asantewa, Marcus Garvey, Queen Hapshepsut, Malcolm X, Nanny of the Maroons, Kwame Nkrumah, Harriet Tubman, Toussaint L’ouverture, Amilcar Cabral, Patrice Lumumba, Queen Nzinga, King Taharqa, Hannibal, King Shaka, Queen Nandi. Claim all of our souls for our Afrikan liberation. Lay down a white cloth and get a bowl and some water, light a candle and pour libations calling on the names of your Ancestors...ASE!

She says we must sacrifice and come out of the consumerist mode. Give honour to those things that come from our people and from the earth. Nyame left because the people did not respond. Every morning get up and give honour to those who gave you life and before you go to bed at night, for they are the ones who will ensure you have breath to do the things you need to do the next day. She says we must move quickly away from the enemy’s because retribution is coming.

We each have a divine purpose here on earth, a Nkrabea – purpose/destiny given by Nyame. For some of us our Nkrabea is to lead others out of ignorance and to guide them.

An Akan proverb goes: Nsako na nsa aba - “hand goes and hand comes”, Meaning: If you help your neighbor in his work, he will help you in yours. We have to put in the work to get the results we need. If we do nothing then nothing will change for us. We must do our part and not wait for a miracle.

What:
Intensive Akan (Twi) workshop :great:

When:
Satuday, 7th February, 2009

Time:
2pm EST (7pm for me reminder)

Where:
A b i b i t u m i k a s a . c o m

Goodies:
1) understanding an actual Akan (Twi) libation
2) creating your own libation in Akan (Twi)

See you there!
Love, Peace!
HTP

last night I sat in my room for a while and asked for guidance from a family member.......it's working for me today.......is there a link to a recording of the lecture?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back