Black People : Divorce Court: The Big Business of Black Conflict

:welldone:Indeed.
Peace Corvo, Raptor..

I have always watched anything related to Law and/or Investigation.. going back to childhood and Perry Mason.. and Columbo up to Law and Order and Court Tv.. Peoples Court.. Joe Brown.. etc... I watched Divorce court from time to time but I recognized the element of entertainment in it very early on.. so it was the same as Perry Mason.. or Columbo.. or any of the other fiction shows.. and that's OK because I recognize that.. But I also recognize that their are very many others who do not recognize that these are fictional shows that feature a kind of improvisation around some truths.. and so the producers pick the kinds of litigants that provide the most entertaining story and then push and prod and edit their segment into a "show". So when you see the theme of black male irresponsibility again and again.. show after show.. you might begin to take the attitude that that is the reality.. when in fact, it is only the reality created by the Producers of these shows.

The grossest example of the intentions of the producers of shows like Maury and any other show that features paternity testing are the shows where they feature the black man trying to get away from a black woman and child.. but only if the child is not his.. if it is his, they often show the father holding the child and reconnecting with the child.. but not the woman. And then they juxtapose that with two white men fighting over which one of them gets to take care of a white woman and white child.. the message being that white men are more responsible.. and also that the white woman and child are valuable.. precious.. as opposed to the worthless black woman. It's a very subtle message and it's pull-off with expert precision. And the crazy part about it is that while black women are the ones being devalued and insulted through these shows, young black women are the target market of these same shows.

They are entertaining.. and they are conducted in such a way that they people being insulted are not aware that they are being insulted because to them, it's just TV.

That TV is one of the fundamental elements of the system of control and influence.. almost every family has the TV setup in their house like a shrine.. like a God.. centered in the main room where they all sit and pay hours and hours of homage.. and hundreds of dollars of offerings.. and chunks and chunks of mindshare.. If that's not worship, I don't know what is.

-Peace again.

They had Deitra acting a plum fool. For those of you that don't know her, she sung on Peabo Bryson's record "in the palm of your hand" and she was in 2 or 3 Tyler Perry's plays.
After this foolish performance of hers, I haven't seen her in any of his projects.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back