Black People Politics : Can Ken Orr Save Detroit?

Brother Chuck ... i've read all of your posts in this thread and none of them answer the question you've asked.

Can Ken Orr save Detroit?

I shared my answer to the question ... what's yours?

:heart:

Destee

I hope this is the sort of candid and honest reply, and clears the air as to how I feel/what I think:

Y'see, dear sister, we family and friends, some who also live in Detroit, have our own history with these Emergency Financial Managers, who time and again exibit no insight as regards the issues/problems/etc. we've had to cope and deal with, also whose policies/practices sometimes make a bad siuation even worse, than before they came on the scene...

At best, one hopes Orr will be an exception, though as per usual, while one hopes for the best, we also have to be prepared for the worse...

The general fear is (among other things) public use of Detroit's beloved Belle Isle (Park) might be lost, by the way of being bought by private (outside) developers, etc.

Sorry if a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer is what you were or are asking or expecting...

Things are too complicated for that...

FYI...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back