Black History : Bodies Found At Texas Construction Site Were Black People Forced Into Labor — After Slavery Ended

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,
:facepalm:

...The first remains were discovered in February in Sugar Land, a suburb southwest of Houston. And now officials have learned who these people probably were — freed black people forced to work in convict labor camps.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/18/bodies-found-construction-site-slavery-trnd/
Bodies Found At A Texas Construction Site Were Black People Forced Into LaborAfter Slavery Ended
July 18, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Filed Under:Mass Grave, Slavery, Texas

In the Spirit of Sankofa,
:facepalm:

...The first remains were discovered in February in Sugar Land, a suburb southwest of Houston. And now officials have learned who these people probably were — freed black people forced to work in convict labor camps.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/18/bodies-found-construction-site-slavery-trnd/
Bodies Found At A Texas Construction Site Were Black People Forced Into LaborAfter Slavery Ended
July 18, 2018 at 8:25 pm
Filed Under:Mass Grave, Slavery, Texas

This is terrible.
Thanks for posting.

Its awful, and explains why Reparations is inevitable.

Bro Clyde, I sure do hope so. And I also hope that they uncover the truth about this horrible discovery.
The fact that it was across the street from a prison, that once was a private prison and then earlier, a plantation is so ominous. This reminds me of the past film, Buck and the Preacher, starring Sydney Poitier, Harry Belafonte and Ruby Dee. In that film, the recently freed people faced hardships as they tried to go west after slavery ended. Some reporters think that is the fate of many of these dead people found at this site.

YOu're right though, Reparations is inevitable and some way, some how, this wrong will be righted.

Bro Clyde, I sure do hope so. And I also hope that they uncover the truth about this horrible discovery.
The fact that it was across the street from a prison, that once was a private prison and then earlier, a plantation is so ominous. This reminds me of the past film, Buck and the Preacher, starring Sydney Poitier, Harry Belafonte and Ruby Dee. In that film, the recently freed people faced hardships as they tried to go west after slavery ended. Some reporters think that is the fate of many of these dead people found at this site.

YOu're right though, Reparations is inevitable and some way, some how, this wrong will be righted.

So far Chevron, evidence lifted from the unburials (50) indicate all were leased prisoners forced to work the sugar plantations under severe hardship.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back