destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I have thought on this subject many times, and again last night in the chat room we were discussing this very thing. After listening to the recording of the Honorable Marcus Garvey, i am inspired to begin the discussion, building, supporting of those organizations that are currently working to save and rescue our people from devastating and catastrophic calamities around the world.

When Katrina hit, all the majority of us could do was watch on television as we saw our people begging for help, dying, hungry, without water or shelter from the storm. I'm sure some of us sent whatever help we could, prayed for them, but none of us were able to rescue and save our people. Which means that none of our doing was enough.

Why is this?

Where are the Black organizations built to save our people?

Other people have organizations to help their own people.

Why don't we have this? Are we not as much men and women as others? Are we so pitiful a people, that we can't take care of our own?? Were we not blessed with a mind, limbs, and all that others have?

There is absolutely no sense in our people dying all over the world, at alarming rates, while we continue to complain about government, white people, or any people! Why can't we do this for ourselves??!!! Why haven't we?!!!

I understand that there are organizations working for us, but they are obviously not doing enough, for we are in a desparate condition all over the world, with no immediate relief in sight. I have heard others make mention of their knowing people who can do this, that and the other, who are prepared and qualified to step in and help when needed ... but where are they ... we need them now!

Isn't it time for us to have at least one organization strong enough, wealthy enough, determined enough, to save our people?! What are we waiting for?!! Do we not believe there will be another catastrophe? Do we think all is well in the world with Black people??

Please Please Please ... list the organizations that are rescuing and saving Black people from hurt, harm, and danger. Please list those organizations created for and by Black people, that other Black people can go to, and receive assistance with honor and dignity, asking of their own people for help ... instead of having to wait for those we know do not care about us ... to save us.

If we do not currently have such organizations, let's build them. What does it take for us to have our own planes, trains, boats, ships, busses, etc., to go and get our people ... where ever in the world they may be ... if they need our assistance?

If the organizations that are currently working for us, don't have the funds / resources necessary to sustain us, let's help them. List them, please.

Family ... tell me ... please ... where can we go to get help from our own people?

:heart:

Destee

I also find this frustrating that I can’t even think of one. Most of our leaders seem to only be in it for the power or money. Another reason we need to get away from selfish thinking and be more responsible for ourselves. The time will come when more and more of us think we need to improve. You will find that we don’t even won’t to talk about this much unless it involves what more we can get or where else we can place blame. It is bad when the ones that don’t care as much for us as their own race are doing more for us. We now expect this. There will always be the argument that we deserve more or the whites should be responsible for all our needs. We need to improve and take care of our own. Same thing with being able to build our own nice communities. And you should expect more from your own family than from others. Also lot at fault with Katrina but Nagin had the time and buses to get our people out of harms way and he still gets the nod of approval and gets reelected.

To my mind, any "organization" built will be built using the structures that exist today. Any/everything built today is based on a system that has us just where we are today. "If one wants to get to someplace different, one must needs go a different way."

We can only go to our own people to get the help that our own people need. And from the looks of things, it truly looks like the job is straight up on us, right here, since we are asking the question.

One of the oddest things, and probably the biggest stumbling block to getting anything done, is the notion that "the answer can't be that simple". But it usually is: Begin at the beginning. And that beginning starts quite a bit before "economic empowerment" or "entrepreneurial endeavors":

If we do not currently have such organizations, let's build them. What does it take for us to have our own planes, trains, boats, ships, busses, etc., to go and get our people ... where ever in the world they may be ... if they need our assistance?
Even before the obvious "it takes money", there must needs be knowledge: how to build the planes, trains, etc. Where to base them. Where to take the "rescuees". How to build that base infrastructure to support our ability to mount rescues. What is that base infrastructure. What are the basic necessities required to live a life that is free of this oppression. At first glance, all would prolly say something that basically equates to "well, that's obvious!", but is it really all that obvious? How do those obviousities work? How are they built?

<sigh> Another silly night on my part; it's time to go to bed.

I keep thinking that, just maybe, it might would be a good idea if "humanity", or just us, were to pretend that we were looking at this ball of rock with all of it's natural resources, with only the tools that we each house within our skins and figure out, all over again, how to build the stuff that is needed. Lots of things that we do today seem to be quite "extraneous"; quite a bit of it we very probably wouldn't use "if we had it all to do over again".

Why not start there; at the beginning? What is this Earth-place? What do we need to survive/grow within/with this Earth-place? How do we work together to build such? At this point, while, indeed, the ultimate goal would be to uplift our own, would it not be easier to look at this from the standpoint that all life on this planet really needs the same stuff? Wouldn't it be "better" of us to not fall back into the same destructive, divisive frames of mind that have brought us to the state that we are in today? Aren't we "bigger" than them? Why should we stoop as low (well, since we know better, it would actually be stooping lower) as they did/do?

G'Nite.

Is this not more important than which "religion" is "supreme". More important than which team has what stats? Or who is cutting the latest album, or who has the best lines in which trashy new movie? (I keep getting to the point of wanting to "run away", or even block this site at my firewall, both incoming and outgoing. But too many people walk away from us. I just can't. And having grown up under the same educational/vocational/economic conditioning, I too have problems coming up with suggestions for solutions ... by myself. That's why I went looking two years ago and found YOU. I'll keep trying; either that wall WILL go down, or my forehead will cave in. Reckon I should take out some stock in Bayer or Excedrin or something. <grin>)
Destee said:
Other people have organizations to help their own people.
Perchance a recreation of the BPP Breakfast programs? The "flying squads" to assist our own in need?
Why don't we have this? Are we not as much men and women as others?
ARE WE NOT MORE?!!
Are we so pitiful a people, that we can't take care of our own??
Were we not blessed with a mind, limbs, and all that others have?
Has not the Creator given us these tools that we might do this?
There is absolutely no sense in our people dying all over the world, at alarming rates, while we continue to complain about government, white people, or any people!
Are we waiting for someone to create a "religion"?
Why can't we do this for ourselves??!!! Why haven't we?!!!
And not stop this time. Nor let our efforts be infiltrated and destroyed from within.

Family ... tell me ... please ... where can we go to get help from our own people?
From/For/About/By/To Our Own!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back