Black Entertainment : Black musicians from Europe

Peace MrLogic,

Africans in Europe... yes.. but the musical idioms are African American. Have Africans in Europe come up with their own Forms? I'd be interested to see what they have come up with through life in Europe. I can see clearly how and why Africans in America came up with Gospel, Blues, Jazz, RnB, Rock n Roll, Hip Hop and Spoken Word.. the reasons are inextricably bound to our experiences in America.. but What about Africans in Europe? Has the European landscape and society given birth to any uniquely African forms of Art? (SeekingMaat.. Zim)...

peace again.. and welcome to Destee.com..

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Don't forget about King Tubbs, he lives there also and logs in more often than SeekingMaat.

Peace In,

Peace MrLogic,

Africans in Europe... yes.. but the musical idioms are African American. Have Africans in Europe come up with their own Forms? I'd be interested to see what they have come up with through life in Europe. I can see clearly how and why Africans in America came up with Gospel, Blues, Jazz, RnB, Rock n Roll, Hip Hop and Spoken Word.. the reasons are inextricably bound to our experiences in America.. but What about Africans in Europe? Has the European landscape and society given birth to any uniquely African forms of Art? (SeekingMaat.. Zim)...

peace again.. and welcome to Destee.com..
Well in part you're right. It's hip-hop and rock so it's African American. Altough rapping with British Acent.
Yes they came up with grime, search in Wikipedia. In Portugal they came up with Kuduro (Angola roots) and Kizomba (Angola roots).

But even the genre being African American the lyrics are diferent. Blacks from Europe (and conscious europeans in general) have a diferent prespective about the world and the problems we have.

Peace

Now I'm going to introduce a soulful musician called: Cesária Évora (peace to her Soul)

The music is in crioulo portuguese. She talk about Sodade (there's no translation to English, but some kind of nostalgia) to her homeland São Nicolau (Cape Verde).

It's a soulful music and I aprecciate cause I'm a soulful man. aha :)
Btw she's Cape Verdian, not Portuguese. Or yes she is technically Portuguese (cause born during colonial Cape Verde) but you understand.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back