Khasm13 : Beyond ‘Game of Thrones’: Exploring diversity in speculative fiction

I think it's also worth noting that very many white folks are obsessed with the future.. and the possibility of genetic anhilation.. and you could say that they entire fantasy/science fiction genre emanates from that place of paranoia. The Alien film is a metaphor for their fears and anxiety of being overtaken. It really really is their thing.

Its interesting that you should mention time travel to come back and break the backs of white folks - changing the destiny of how things are right now. I think there is a TV show named 'Fringe' that deals with these cats called the observers who are from the future stepping back in time altering the destiny of humanity so that it could assure their safety and survival.

Naturally none of the Observer were black but real pale bald-headed white men who had advanced computer chips in their heads which allowed them the mobility to travel through space and time. They had the power to stop bullets with their hands because the advance chips allowed them to access over 50+% of their brains while shutting down the emotional (right brain). They couldn't really breath in our timeline because in the future there body's were used to high dosages of carbon dioxide which is what is killing humans now. It kinds of makes one wonder especially given what we know about quantum physic and time - if such a thing is not happening now.

During the whole process of that show (5 seasons) 3 black men is all that I saw. 1 was a shape-shifting clone from a different dimension (evil) created by white folks which started out white. Another black man had a special ability but accidentally was killing folks, and the other was head of the Fringe time who was only a puppet for the corporate world.

My daughter has written sci-fi book which has these types of things going on in it - but the industry is a funny place. I was talking to the executive VP of Sony Pictures at her house and I had brought my daughter over there because I gave the VP one of the books my daughter had written. Her husband and myself was working on some music for a jazz show he was supposed to do. I called the VP into the room - her husband and I had her explain the industry to my daughter and she said (Italian lady), "You have good material as I've read your book, but you have to accept the fact that none of these extraordinary men and women will look anything as you described them". She said if your book makes it back to my hands through the right channels then you have to understand that 70% of movie goers are of white Caucasian women and men and they don't want to see anyone that looks like you, your dad or my husband". She went further to say, "we've painted the world as we choose to see it and that's how it will be until somehow that miraculously change". Note: this was in 2005, long before Obama got into office as though that makes a different.

It was such a reality check when she got home and she actually cried because she was introduced to the real world which I protected her from most of her life. I let her know about it, she's heard about it, but she's never heard someone say it outside of home and from a white woman at that. She's still writing her books and now she's learning film and directing. What she heard depressed her but it didn't suppress her as we taught her better then that.

The reality is - white folks own that industry and they are not willing to let us paint the world black again. Our films are still black exploitation films if you want to accept them for what they are which is why I don't watch them. Them white folks is coming out with a new movie called 'the gods of egypt' and you should see who is playing RA.

http://www.change.org/petitions/dan...-gods-of-egypt-from-holding-an-all-white-cast

My analysis has nothing whatsoever to do with that cokehead freud. It has to do with european fear of genetic anhililation.. which I first came across through the work of Francis Cress-Welsing a long long time ago (The Isis Papers).

I won't address your freetime theory because there is not a single point in it that conflicts with anything I have said.

Regarding the Japanese.. having lived in Japan for several years.. I can tell you that the Japanese are also fearful of genetic anhililation.. and, as a society, they go to great lengths to keep clear lines of demarcation between what is.. and what is not.. Japanese. They even have a separate alphabet used to notate words not of Japanese origin (Katakana). That said.. the Japanese are not nearly as fearful of genetic anhiliation as the European that .. coincidentally.. dominates the Japanese State.

Species come and go...if the european race disapears then it would mean it was weak and could not adapt. But gladly, it is just the oposite. I could not be more optimistic about the future.

But regadless, science is going to be so advance in the future, medicine specially, that humans are going to be able to cheat evolution and find a way to perpetuate themselves. Cloning, gene banks, anything.

Species come and go...if the european race disapears then it would mean it was weak and could not adapt. But gladly, it is just the oposite. I could not be more optimistic about the future.

But regadless, science is going to be so advance in the future, medicine specially, that humans are going to be able to cheat evolution and find a way to perpetuate themselves. Cloning, gene banks, anything.

there is no scientific evidence to show anglos adaptability quotient...especially since they are the last species of man to the party...
what on the other hand has been proven is their moralistic challenges when it comes to medicine and science...henceforth this genre of fiction...and their obsession with the apocalypse...

one love
khasm

For many, one larger objective is pushing back against the notion that readers of color don’t read SFF. “I think the effect is forcing editors, publishers and marketers to reassess their assumptions as to what is acceptable and what will be noticed,” said K. Tempest Bradford, a writer and critic who serves on the board of the Carl Brandon Society, an organization devoted to exploring race and ethnicity in speculative fiction.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/book...xploring-diversity-in-speculative-fiction/#/0

This is crap, and they know it. Samuel R. Delany has been touted as the best Sci-Fi writer in the last 20 years.... by whites. So do not believe, not the hype, but the "excuses." They said the exact same thing about Romance Novels in the 90s, that black people don't read (interestingly, black people read more than every other American demographic!), thus no need for Romance novels with black heroines and heroes. To make a long story short: Kensington Publishing House began their Arabesque series (ONLY black female stories and authors) and within 3 months, first-time UNKNOWN black female authors were outselling almost every major white romance novelist. So it is no revelation to these folk that black people read and write Sci-Fi. They knew it all along.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back