Black Parenting : Baby Talk

phynxofkemet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
Hello All,

I've had the most interesting experience, that I wanted to share with you.
I was sitting at a table one afternoon not really thinking of anything at all, when all of a sudden a name popped into my head. I heard it three times and realized it was the name to give my son. I was also told not to reveal the name until he is born and I've given it to him, but what was so neat about the experience was that I had never heard this name / word before.

So, I went to look it up and it is a very old name, one that hasn't been used in some ages. I found a reference to Ethiopian settlers with this name, which is very intriguing since my father has told me that we descend from the Ethiopian Jews. According to a Catholic reference the name is found in the Bible referring to a group of "famous traders, who exported gold, precious stones, perfumes & incense, and perhaps slaves, and practised brigandage

I'll have to look up brigandage cuz right now I don't know what it means.
Anyways, I thought this was all very awesome, that my baby boy already has a first name, and I fell asleep drawing the name in my notebook. Well, just before I woke up from my nap, a water womban or mermaid of some kind came very clearly to me and I got a jolt. Again, I thought this was profound because my ancestors have been known to work with the water people. I just had not met one so close up before.

Have other moms had precongitive experiences like this with their pregnancies? Do you have any recommendations to cultivate the link between mother and child? I've been very fortunate with this baby because I have had virtually no negative pregnancy side effects (like bleeding gums, excess weight, hormonal fluctuations, stretch marks). But I do have some pressure on my sciatic nerve which cut off circulation to my legs the other morning and gave my one heck of a session of leg cramps!

Oh well, it's all good.
:hearts4:

Thanks for listening

Hello All,

I was sitting at a table one afternoon not really thinking of anything at all, when all of a sudden a name popped into my head. I heard it three times and realized it was the name to give my son. I was also told not to reveal the name until he is born and I've given it to him, but what was so neat about the experience was that I had never heard this name / word before.

So, I went to look it up and it is a very old name, one that hasn't been used in some ages. I found a reference to Ethiopian settlers with this name, which is very intriguing since my father has told me that we descend from the Ethiopian Jews. According to a Catholic reference the name is found in the Bible referring to a group of "famous traders, who exported gold, precious stones, perfumes & incense, and perhaps slaves, and practised brigandage

Anyways, I thought this was all very awesome, that my baby boy already has a first name, and I fell asleep drawing the name in my notebook. Well, just before I woke up from my nap, a water womban or mermaid of some kind came very clearly to me and I got a jolt. Again, I thought this was profound because my ancestors have been known to work with the water people. I just had not met one so close up before.

Have other moms had precongitive experiences like this with their pregnancies? Do you have any recommendations to cultivate the link between mother and child? I've been very fortunate with this baby because I have had virtually no negative pregnancy side effects (like bleeding gums, excess weight, hormonal fluctuations, stretch marks). But I do have some pressure on my sciatic nerve which cut off circulation to my legs the other morning and gave my one heck of a session of leg cramps!

Oh well, it's all good.

Thanks for listening

Wow,

I remember when I was pregnant with my son, (wow seems like only yesterday, he'll be 1 very soon) I had very lucid, cognative and strange dreams. I also had psychic episodes involving telepathy, precognition (which ive always had) and astral projection. He (my son) and I didnt really communicate directly through speaking or in dreams much, but understood one another. I talked to him but ofcourse he couldnt talk back, lol. We played alot too when I was carrying him which explains why he's so playful today. I once had a very very real dream during that time. It was about afriend who was in Africa at the time. I dreampt that he was there in the room with me right there on the bed. It was so real I could feel and smell him. I woke up looking for him. I was convinced that he had been there. When I spoke to him about it he was amazed. With this same friend I have communicated telepathically before and since that time. We have talked about this and both agree that this has happend. Each time we have done this we have been as little as 50 to more than 1000 miles apart. Knowing what i now know I believe that he astrally traveled from Mauritania to see me that night, although he has no recollection in his concious mind.

Hello All,

Have other moms had precognitive experiences like this with their pregnancies? Do you have any recommendations to cultivate the link between mother and child? I've been very fortunate with this baby because I have had virtually no negative pregnancy side effects (like bleeding gums, excess weight, hormonal fluctuations, stretch marks). But I do have some pressure on my sciatic nerve which cut off circulation to my legs the other morning and gave my one heck of a session of leg cramps!

Oh well, it's all good.

Thanks for listening

Thanks for Sharing!

One of the most painful realties that I live with daily....
Is not having experiences like this.... Some days, it's hard to shake the sense of being "less than" a true Womb~man and Queen

Sounds beautiful and exciting and I'm glad you've shared it.

Each1Teach1.....Thanks to you as well for Sharing your experiences during pregnancy!

For many, I imagine this is probably by far, the MOST exciting time in a mother's life....at least...AFTER the first trimester which I hear is replete with physiological changes. ...and maybe the last month when your ready for the baby to come on out already....cause you tired of carrying all that extra weight in that fashion.

M.E.
:hearts2:

I forgot to add this to my earlier post

Hello All,

Oh well, it's all good.

Thanks for listening

I looked up the word brigandage in the dictionary at www.m-w.com.
Pronunciation: \ˈbri-gənd\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English brigaunt, from Middle French brigand, from Old Italian brigante, from brigare to fight, from briga strife, of Celtic origin; akin to Old Irish bríg strength
Date: 14th century
: one who lives by plunder usually as a member of a band : bandit

was that the name you were thinking of?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back