Black People : AMERICAN BEACH:HISTORICAL BLACK RESORT LOCATION...

Oba Iparankanru said:
Pathetic how negroes fold once they gain white approval

Brother Oba, you're absolutely right, but then it isn't that simple... In fact, it is too complex for a post like this... In a movement containing so many people, and so many disparate philosophies, the main aim can get lost... The Civil Rights Movement was about obtaining first class citizenship for African people, and others of color... Unfortunately, this philosophy became merged with what I believe to be some silly middle-class African American aspirations to be able to eat and sleep and live alongside White Folks...

That craziness trickled down to poor and working class African Americans, and the race for our dollars was on, as that "integration" garbage became co-opted by the White Capitalists... They blitzkrieged us with Integration, not full participation, in the economic structure of this country... The rest is history...

On another note, I read a sizeable portion of this book on American Beach, and it turns out, there is a great deal more information on African Americans who lived and thrived on this island that was lost because African Americans were so distrustful of White Folks, they refused to give their papers over to White Museums and other institutions in Florida... I dig that, but where were the Black institutions on this, and why didn't the families TRUST those institutions with their materials??? Those brothers and sisters said they'd rather the papers burned to cinders than give them over to White Folks... I wonder why???(smile!) Aint nothing to laugh at, what's been done to us over these past 4 centuries, huh??? Some of us have long memories...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back