REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
3rd AND FINAL MEMO ON “Lukewarm”: a remedy for spiritual vision

MEMO

To: Bible scholars

Subject: Stoic disciple Pliny the Elder clue on the origin of Lukewarm once thought as negative from the Laodicea church in Rev chapter 3.

Date: 9-20-2016

Pliny wrote on treatments for eye trouble and said:

“Nature has provided the eye with many thin membranes and hard outside coverings as a protection against Cold and heat; she cleans the eyes with moisture from the tear-glands and makes them slippery” (book XI: 147). Now this is very interesting because when a person was spit out Lukewarm it was because they were neither Hot or Cold=meaning their spiritual eyes were correct and they were doing good deeds just like Paul’s Apocrypha letter said they were doing. The equivalent to the spit of Lukewarm was the Goddess Tefnut “The moisture and damp generative heat of Heaven” (From fetish to God in Ancient Egypt p.149 By E. A. Wallis budge).

This is consistent with Rev 3:15 “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold or hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are Lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-Iam about to spit you out of my mouth”. We know this is part of the context because in verse 18 some of the members in the church are not Lukewarm but are in need of salve for some eye-care.

Tefnut was spit out in her birth and is known by several epithets and Titles like “The heat of heaven”, Maat (balance, law and moral order). In the Egyptian creation myths Tefnut helps to place the eyes of Ra in their correct place and order. Even Jesus spit that cures the blind would have been the equivalent of Lukewarm/Tefnut and the fruit of the Tree of right & wrong. This fruit/Tefnut helps opens the eyes of Adam & Eve to know that being naked outside was wrong

Pliny the elder makes another interesting comment about the eyes:

“When an individual’s eyebrows are level, this shows he is gentle” Book 11:274). A Gentle person is soft heated, mild, tame tender-hearted; unlike having a Temper and having a short-fuse reaching a boiling point. This is consistent with Paul’s apocrypha letter to the Laodicea church:

“I thank Christ in every prayer of mine, that ye [Laodicea church] may continue and persevere in good works looking for that which is promised in the day of Judgement”-From St. Paul

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back