Black People : Why Can't I Do and Say What I Want - When I Want - Where I Want - How I Want - at Destee.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the problem. There are people here that knew this man and his journey. For you and others to comment on their legacies in a vacuum, meaning you don't have the age or background to relate, is quite frankly [BS]. You didn't march with King, you didn't clinch your fist with Malcolm. Thus, your opinion/criticism/hatchet job is defacto false.

You have every right to offer your opinion on the subject, just as those who believe otherwise have every right to offer theirs. That's what we do here at Destee, don't we? If someone believes Baraka's "Somebody Blew Up America" poem was eloquent insight, doesn't s/he have a right to offer such an opinion? But if someone else believes the poem was nonsense, doesn't s/he have a right to offer that viewpoint?

KM

As a possible explanation for why he was so strongly anti-gay; certainly a plausible explanation.

Actually, it is anyone judgment to make. We give unsolicited opinions here on this forum about a myriad of issues all the time.

I don't agree with this. Was Michael Jackson a pedophile? Certainly not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. However, speculation about why he would, by his own admission, sleep with children is certainly fair game whether he be alive or dead. What was the cause of the 18 1/2 minute gap in the June 20, 1972 recording in the Oval Office? People who believe it might have been caused by Richard Nixon attempting to erase something incriminating have every right to offer such an opinion.

Nothing I wrote is beyond what we do here every day on this website. We're all adults here. We can take some frank and open debate and discussion. If we can't do it here, a forum by design meant to provide an opportunity for opinionated people to debate and discuss issues , where can we?

KM

And here is a clear example. This isn't an opinion, it is pure speculation. There has never been connecting evidence showing that people who are against being gat are closeted anything. Thus your socalled opinions come across as BS! The same with MJ. There is more evidence that R Kelly is a pedophile

You have every right to offer your opinion on the subject, just as those who believe otherwise have every right to offer theirs. That's what we do here at Destee, don't we? If someone believes Baraka's "Somebody Blew Up America" poem was eloquent insight, doesn't s/he have a right to offer such an opinion? But if someone else believes the poem was nonsense, doesn't s/he have a right to offer that viewpoint?

KM

More :bs: You have offered nothing to back your "opinion", and I use that word quite loosely in reference to you. I submit, you just are bored and need false discussions to make your day.

And here is a clear example. This isn't an opinion, it is pure speculation. There has never been connecting evidence showing that people who are against being gat are closeted anything. Thus your socalled opinions come across as BS! The same with MJ. There is more evidence that R Kelly is a pedophile..
I wrote it was possible that Baraka was himself a homosexual. Certainly a possibility. And even if I did offer speculation that's my prerogative. We offer opinions, judgments, speculations, assessments, speculations, evaluations, etc., all the time on this website.

KM

KMeister ... i'm tired of hearing you whine and complain about what you can't do here.

I determine what is and is not disruptive ... not you ... and you're doing it again ... being disruptive.

I don't think i can stand one more post of this ... before i put you and me out of our misery.

:heart:

Destee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back