Black People : Why Can't I Do and Say What I Want - When I Want - Where I Want - How I Want - at Destee.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not uncommon at all for the death of a public figure to spark discussion about his or her legacy. People are free to join in that discussion--or not.

KM

You're right, it's not uncommon to point out what we believe are the faults or failures of the deceased, even before their blood has turned cold ... that is the world in which we live ... disrespectful ... never putting anything regarding one's own faults or failures on the table ... nope ... there will be no talk of those things ... just the dead, the deceased, the one that can no longer speak for or defend themselves.

We're a different kind of place ... striving to be respectful, especially to those who have passed on.

This isn't to suggest you can't attempt to diminish the character and integrity of those who can't defend themselves, without ever presenting anything of substance or verifiable regarding your own self ... no ... you get to do that ... all we ask is for a little bit of respect.

Let some time pass, give his Family, friends, and loved ones a few minutes to mourn the loss in peace.

Or go to sites that welcome ugly talk about black people, living and dead, no matter the hour or day.

Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

You're right, it's not uncommon to point out what we believe are the faults or failures of the deceased, even before their blood has turned cold ... that is the world in which we live ... disrespectful ... never putting anything regarding one's own faults or failures on the table ... nope ... there will be no talk of those things ... just the dead, the deceased, the one that can no longer speak for or defend themselves.

We're a different kind of place ... striving to be respectful, especially to those who have passed on.

This isn't to suggest you can't attempt to diminish the character and integrity of those who can't defend themselves, without ever presenting anything of substance or verifiable regarding your own self ... no ... you get to do that ... all we ask is for a little bit of respect.

Let some time pass, give his Family, friends, and loved ones a few minutes to mourn the loss in peace.

Or go to sites that welcome ugly talk about black people, living and dead, no matter the hour or day.

Thanks.

Destee

Thank You sister, spoken like the Queen that you are.

AXE!

Part of these people being public figures is that almost all aspects of their lives are open for discussion. And those who during their lifetime were hateful and nasty about others can expect a bit of honest criticism for it upon their deaths.

Discussing the merits of a person's work or the motivation behind it isn't disrespectful. Also, I got the impression we also strive to be a place where open, sometimes frank, but still respectful discussions are welcome. Oh yeah, and that "STFU" comment directed at me was very respectful.

I haven't read anything that attempts to diminish anything. Those who choose to discuss the life of public figures aren't themselves public figures. It isn't about them.

This isn't that kind of site--nor I have read anything resembling "ugly talk."

KM

Part of these people being public figures is that almost all aspects of their lives are open for discussion. And those who during their lifetime were hateful and nasty about others--can expect a bit of honest criticism for it upon their deaths.

Discussing the merits of a person's work or the motivation behind it isn't disrespectful. Also, I got the impression we also strive to be a place where open, sometimes frank, but still respectful discussions are welcome.

I have read anything that attempts to diminish anything. Those who choose to discuss the life of public figures aren't themselves public figures. It isn't about them.

This isn't that kind of site--nor I have read anything resembling "ugly talk."

KM

You're saying all of the above ... as if your opinion matters ... as if it will make some difference.

It makes no difference at all. If you have a problem with my decision, you have a few options.

Continuing to talk to me about it ... or continuing to disrupt this thread ... aren't on the list.

Destee

You're saying all of the above ... as if your opinion matters ... as if it will make some difference. It makes no difference at all. If you have a problem with my decision, you have a few options. Continuing to talk to me about it ... or continuing to disrupt this thread ... aren't on the list.

I'm interested in neither--and I in no way was I disrupting this thread. I gave my opinion about a public figure. We do that on this website. Just the same, I stated my opinion and can't think of anything else to add on this subject. I'll move on.

(One day we're going to learn how to tolerate different viewpoints. Until we do we will continue to be seen as people who aren't ready for prime time...)

KM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back