Black Relationships : The Angry Black Man/ Woman Trope

I am trying to discuss the labels "The Angry Black Man" and "The Angry Black Woman" and how they intersect. They DO intersect, they must.

I AM HEARING LOUD AND CLEAR THAT AA MEN FEEL LIKE AA WOMEN (STRANGERS) ARE DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS THEM IN PUBLIC, PLEASE BREAK THIS DOWN FOR ME) I have never witnessed anything like this, and I wonder if it is a myth, or is this done on the regular.

You say "hello" to an AA woman, and she just cusses you out????

I have no reference of AA women complaining about "The Angry Black Man". But, I keep getting glimpses from y'all that we are so disrespectful.
Sometimes a story is told, and it takes on a life of it's own. Television and movies really go all in on this stereotype.

Instead of dropping a reference here and there about "The Angry Black Man" and "The Angry Black Woman", can we give it the fair address it deserves, as it obviously affects our community.

Secondarily, I would like to know if being cast as "The Angry Black Man" is relevant to you, when you think of the stereotype of "The Angry Black Woman"? Or, do you think these ideas are completely unrelated, and irrelevant to each other.

I am trying to discuss the labels "The Angry Black Man" and "The Angry Black Woman" and how they intersect. They DO intersect, they must.

I AM HEARING LOUD AND CLEAR THAT AA MEN FEEL LIKE AA WOMEN (STRANGERS) ARE DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS THEM IN PUBLIC, PLEASE BREAK THIS DOWN FOR ME) I have never witnessed anything like this, and I wonder if it is a myth, or is this done on the regular.

You say "hello" to an AA woman, and she just cusses you out????

I have no reference of AA women complaining about "The Angry Black Man". But, I keep getting glimpses from y'all that we are so disrespectful.
Sometimes a story is told, and it takes on a life of it's own. Television and movies really go all in on this stereotype.

Instead of dropping a reference here and there about "The Angry Black Man" and "The Angry Black Woman", can we give it the fair address it deserves, as it obviously affects our community.

Secondarily, I would like to know if being cast as "The Angry Black Man" is relevant to you, when you think of the stereotype of "The Angry Black Woman"? Or, do you think these ideas are completely unrelated, and irrelevant to each other.

this is all a distraction from the real devil........

this is all a distraction from the real devil........

I agree, James. The real devil invented all of this. But, I think you might see the distraction differently than I/we do. Because you aren't constantly being ignored, berated and called the big heavy in our community.

I'll let it go. As usual our voice is muted. Unless we are being hated on for some **** on Scandal or something. Then, we become relevant. Then what WE DO is relevant to how AA men feel.

I'm supposed to ignore it, when a poster keeps posting about "The Angry Black Woman" OK

Thanks for posting.

you aren't constantly being ignored, berated and called the big heavy in our community..
funny, i thought that was what the black man was called.
they got BW pointing the finger at BM and BM pointing the finger at BW.
can't nobody see it's all a trick?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back