Black Relationships : romance is counter revolutionary....

word up!

Well, now, let's not be too hasty on killing the romance. lol

Mama be needing some TLC too. :)

"If there's music we can use it we need to dance
We don't have the time for psychological romance
No romance, no romance, no romance for me mamma
Come on baby tell me what's the word" - cameo

i helped a young sister on the bus today.
she had three babies and a shopping cart full of food that was too heavy for her to get on the bus.

no man.

this is what a man is for:
a man is for helping you get that food home from the market.
a man is for getting the kids up to school.
a man is for seeing that they get what they need.

real manhood starts after the child is born. that is what separates the men from the boys.

the media has fooled us into thinking it is all about romance.
we think we just have to make sweet love and move on.
after all, that is what we see in the movies. that is a trick.
that concept has damaged our community.

romance is counter revolutionary.

black men and women forming a solid unit that can endure is what it is really all about.
we got to like each other. we got to have mature values. we got to deal with our resposibikity.

romance novels have screwed everybody up.

young women don't know what real man hood is and so they go for what they see in the stories.
young men never see a real man taking care of business. just "kool fools" kung fu fighting.
nobody ever changes a diaper in the movies.

well real love is being willing to change diapers for as long as it takes just to be with her.

we need to turn off the TV.
thank you james,thank you.

i helped a young sister get on to the bus today.
she had three babies and a shopping cart full of food that was too heavy for her to get up on the bus.

no man.

this is what a man is for:
a man is for to help you, not just to screw you.
a man is for helping you get that food home from the market.
a man is for getting the kids up to school. watch them when you need it.
a man is for seeing that they get what they need.

real manhood starts after the child is born. that is what separates the men from the boys.

the media has fooled us into thinking it is all about romance.
we think we just have to make sweet love and move on.
after all, that is what we see in the movies. that is a trick.
that concept has damaged our community.

black men and women forming a solid unit that can endure is what it is really all about.
we got to like each other. we got to have mature values. we got to deal with our resposibility.

romance novels have screwed everybody up.

young women don't know what real man hood is and so they go for what they see in the stories.
young men never see a real man taking care of business. just "kool fools" kung fu fighting.
nobody ever changes a diaper in the movies.

well real love is being willing to change diapers for as long as it takes just to be with her.

we need to turn off the TV.

to be fair, it could have been that the Father, was off at work, working his fingers to the bone, 8-10 hours a day while going to School in the evening, to provide a future, and decent life for his young growing family

I do understand what you see, because I see it too, with my nieces in particular.

The untelling truth is the young sisters should be able to know strong, and healthy relationships from the very individuals who gave them life...Mom, and Dad.

from what I can tell, our children have a far better chance, and tend to make better choices when loved ones are constantly reminding them how beautiful, smart, important, and wanted they really are. And practice daily to protect them, and show them they are worth it.

Everyone also falls into the thinking that getting hitched is the only normal part of growing up, that too is what society teaches us,... and we look at those who wish to remain single as having something terribly wrong with them,(Gay, Lesbo, too Bi**chy, or Bossy) as to why they are in their prime without any one in their bed, or no youngins running around.

but, Life happens, Babies have Babies, and for the young ones who choose to actually be positive loving parents to them, they get my respect, & I hope they teach the Babies, and give them the support, love, and nurturing where their parent refused to out of laziness, or just not knowing how to themselves.

There is a story about a man who grew agitated with his wifes holiday cooking habits.... goes something like this...:geek:

when cooking a Holiday Ham the wife would cut off a large piece and throw it in the trash, So, one year while she prepared thanksgiving dinner he asked " Baby, why do you always cut down the meat, and throw a chunk of it away?. it seems so wasteful if you ask me"

she grows upset and says "heck I dont know, I grew up watching my Mother do it so I just do OK! why dont you ask her if you want to know so bad" and she storms out the kitchen.

So the Husband then goes to his mother- inlaws house and says " Mom your Daughter, that woman has me all upset, every time she cooks the ham she cuts off a portion of the meat and tosses it away in the trash, she says she got this idea from you,...Mom I need to know why this is so!"

The Mother in law says" Well hell dont ask me, I got it from my Mother, and watched her do it too while growing up, go and ask her...

So the Hubby is now pretty upset about having to go to his wifes Grandmas house, but he is determined to find out what the reason behind thing wasteful act is.

So he approached the Grandma, And says" Ok now, I have got to know why o why you would teach your Daughter who has taught my wife to do such a wasteful thing"

the granny ask" what are you fussing about?

The Husband then explains" Whenever my wife cooks ham she cuts a large chunk off, and throws it in the trash, so why did you do it, why did you do such a wasteful thing! I have got to know"!!

the Grandma looked at him sideways and said" you Fool! I had to,....

my pan was too small.....:fyi:

Be careful as to what we pass down to our young, and encourage them to be free, critical thinkers lol.....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back