Black Relationships : Brothers we must bring back the Romance and the Fun

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

It's all good and it's all LOVE Bro. Plse join us in Bro's Chat Tuesday@ 8pm est. I know you will enjoy what the BRO"S are doing and we Gladly Welcome you.

BTW: Still looking for that link. Im not good at that kinda of stuff but im sure if I cant one of the Bro's will help me out.

Ma'at Hetep

Nasheed,

Try sending sister river a PM and ask her to locate that lesson, since she records everything of oldsoul's.

If we "Respect, Honor, Cherish, and Protect our Queens we will have no problems what so ever.

Ma'at Hetep

1) You mentioned the word "Cherish". Define what YOU mean by cherish, because if you look up the definition of the word, this is what you will find:
  • giving affection to something
  • to hold or treat as dear
  • to care for tenderly
  • to cling fondly or inveterately to
  • to hold dear : feel or show affection for
  • to keep or cultivate with care and affection
Sounds an awful lot like romance to me.

2) Men are always talking about how important it is for women to know how to treat a man in order to keep him happy, but when women express how we want to be treated to keep us happy, it's brushed off as some sort of European mumbo jumbo. Why do men expect women to fulfill their expectations when they aren't willing to do the same for them?

Greetings,
I do not overstand what "romance" or "romantic" is. I do know they are words that have caused much rift between the black male and female. The black male seeking to give more "romance" or be more "romantic". The black female requesting that the black male give more "romance" or be more "romantic". So called "romance" and being "romantic" surely have caused problems for me. They like so most words used in any European (white supremacy) language are design to confuse its victims. As usual we (non-whites) the prisoners in a prison (global system of racism/white supremacy) are arguing over the words of the jailers/warden (white supremacist). Since I did not create the words "romance"/"romantic", I will follow the logic and go to the creators (white supremacist) of the words for the meaning of the words. Remember, words are tools used to promote justice or injustice.

Reference: Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 1996.

This is what Mr or Mrs Webster (white supremacist) has to say about "romance" and "romantic":

Romance ^1: 1) a novel or other prose narrative depicting heroic or marvelous deeds, pageantry, romantic exploits, etc usually in a historical or imaginary setting. 2) the colorful world, life, or conditions depicted in such tales. 3) a medieval narrative treating of heroic, fantastic, or supernatural events, often in the form of allegory. 4) a baseless, made-up story usually full of exaggeration or fanciful invention. 5) a romantic spirit, sentiment, emotion, or desire. 6) romantic character of spirit. 7) a romantic affair or experience. 8) Romance languages, the group of Italic Indo-European languages descended since A.D. 800 from Latin, as French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Rumanian, Provencal, Catalan, Rhaeto-Romanic, Sardinian, and Ladino. 9) to invent or relate romances; indulge in fanciful or extravagant stories or daydreams. 10) to think or talk romantically. 11) Informal. a. to court or woo romantically. b. to court the favor of or make overtures to; play up to. 12) Romanic. of,pertaining to, or noting Romanic language, composition in such language

Romance <synonymous> 1) story, fiction 4) falsehood, fable 6) allure, fascination, exoticism.

Romance ^2: 1) Music a short, simple melody, vocal or instumental, or tender character. 2) a short epic poem, esp. a historical ballad.

Romantic: 1.of, pertaining to, or of the nature of romance. 2. fanciful; impractical; unrealistic: romantic ideas. 3.imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc. 4.characterized by a preoccupation with love or by the idealizing of love or one's beloved. 5. displaying or expressing strong affection. 6. ardent; passionate; fervent. 7. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a style of literature and art that subordinates form to content, encourages freedom of treatment, emphasizes imagination, emotion, and introspection, and often celebrates nature, the ordinary person, and freedom of the spirit. ---> (what the heck does all that mean. CONFUSION!!!) 8) of or pertaining to a musical style characteristic chiefly of the 19th century and marked by the free expression of imagination and emotion, virtuosic display, experimentation with form, and the adventurous development of orchestral and piano music and opera. 9.imaginary, fictitious, or fabulous. 10) noting, of, or pertaining to the role of a suitor or lover in a play about love.

Romantic <synonymous> 2) extravagant, exaggerated, wild, imaginative, fantastic. 9) improbable, unreal

Now I overstand why I could never find "romance". It is nothing but a story, fiction, fable based in fascination, exoticism and unrealistic behaviors. A play or poem about so called love. :whip::court: Now "love" is another word of confusion. Well we will save that for another day. :em2300:

Greetings,
I do not overstand what "romance" or "romantic" is. I do know they are words that have caused much rift between the black male and female. The black male seeking to give more "romance" or be more "romantic". The black female requesting that the black male give more "romance" or be more "romantic". So called "romance" and being "romantic" surely have caused problems for me. They like so most words used in any European (white supremacy) language are design to confuse its victims. As usual we (non-whites) the prisoners in a prison (global system of racism/white supremacy) are arguing over the words of the jailers/warden (white supremacist). Since I did not create the words "romance"/"romantic", I will follow the logic and go to the creators (white supremacist) of the words for the meaning of the words. Remember, words are tools used to promote justice or injustice.

Reference: Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, 1996.

This is what Mr or Mrs Webster (white supremacist) has to say about "romance" and "romantic":

Romance ^1: 1) a novel or other prose narrative depicting heroic or marvelous deeds, pageantry, romantic exploits, etc usually in a historical or imaginary setting. 2) the colorful world, life, or conditions depicted in such tales. 3) a medieval narrative treating of heroic, fantastic, or supernatural events, often in the form of allegory. 4) a baseless, made-up story usually full of exaggeration or fanciful invention. 5) a romantic spirit, sentiment, emotion, or desire. 6) romantic character of spirit. 7) a romantic affair or experience. 8) Romance languages, the group of Italic Indo-European languages descended since A.D. 800 from Latin, as French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Rumanian, Provencal, Catalan, Rhaeto-Romanic, Sardinian, and Ladino. 9) to invent or relate romances; indulge in fanciful or extravagant stories or daydreams. 10) to think or talk romantically. 11) Informal. a. to court or woo romantically. b. to court the favor of or make overtures to; play up to. 12) Romanic. of,pertaining to, or noting Romanic language, composition in such language

Romance <synonymous> 1) story, fiction 4) falsehood, fable 6) allure, fascination, exoticism.

Romance ^2: 1) Music a short, simple melody, vocal or instumental, or tender character. 2) a short epic poem, esp. a historical ballad.

Romantic: 1.of, pertaining to, or of the nature of romance. 2. fanciful; impractical; unrealistic: romantic ideas. 3.imbued with or dominated by idealism, a desire for adventure, chivalry, etc. 4.characterized by a preoccupation with love or by the idealizing of love or one's beloved. 5. displaying or expressing strong affection. 6. ardent; passionate; fervent. 7. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a style of literature and art that subordinates form to content, encourages freedom of treatment, emphasizes imagination, emotion, and introspection, and often celebrates nature, the ordinary person, and freedom of the spirit. ---> (what the heck does all that mean. CONFUSION!!!) 8) of or pertaining to a musical style characteristic chiefly of the 19th century and marked by the free expression of imagination and emotion, virtuosic display, experimentation with form, and the adventurous development of orchestral and piano music and opera. 9.imaginary, fictitious, or fabulous. 10) noting, of, or pertaining to the role of a suitor or lover in a play about love.

Romantic <synonymous> 2) extravagant, exaggerated, wild, imaginative, fantastic. 9) improbable, unreal

Now I overstand why I could never find "romance". It is nothing but a story, fiction, fable based in fascination, exoticism and unrealistic behaviors. A play or poem about so called love. :whip::court: Now "love" is another word of confusion. Well we will save that for another day. :em2300:

Hmmmm, let me see if I understand...you begin by chastising black women for adopting the "white man's" theory of romance, then proceed to use that same white man's theory to argue your point? Am I the only one who sees the irony (and / or hypocrisy)?

I mean really, what is there to be confused about? Do something nice for your woman every once in a while to show her you care. Jeez. It really not that deep, bro.

Hmmmm, let me see if I understand...you begin by chastising black women for adopting the "white man's" theory of romance, then proceed to use that same white man's theory to argue your point? Am I the only one who sees the irony (and / or hypocrisy)?

I mean really, what is there to be confused about? Do something nice for your woman every once in a while to show her you care. Jeez. It really not that deep, bro.

Greetings,
No chastisement intended toward black females or males? We have enough arguments as it is. As for using white mans so called theory (what is his theory?) I just followed the logic as directed by my General. I just looked up the word in the dictionary to get the true meaning. I did not create the word.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back