Black Relationships : On The Job Romance

Wouldn't do it. As they say, never sht where you eat:
1. As Monetary said, if things don't go right, that can be a hell of a mess to deal with. Who wants to be at work all day with the ex they just wish would go away, or even worse, the ex who just wishes you would go away?

2. That means that you will spend nearly ALL of your time with your significant other. Seems like it would be cool for a while, but then it would be like, "dayum, can a brutha breathe??" Plus, what if every time you see her/him, you want to rip her clothes off? But you can't.

3. Suppose you manage to keep it hush. What if you two get picked to work on competing projects? Or if one gets promoted and the other doesn't? What if you just have stark differences about how to do the job?One of you gets praise from the boss, the other gets told his work isn't up to snuff....hurt feelings?

4. What if it's a hush hush relationship, maybe one person has a bf/gf or spouse, but the other falls in love, so you end it. It was supposed to just be a fling, but now they've caught feelings and they're hurt, so they decide to get you back. And you know, people who sleep together tell each other all sorts of little secrets...pillow talk is a mf.

An absolute no no

I have worked with some fine women and we shared mutual attraction to eachother. I make it a policy never to date women I work with or for. There are too many "what if's". For instances what if you were promoted and put in charge of your mate. What if he or she is a substandard employee and you have to perform "corrective action" on them or terminate them. This is a recipe for disaster. Many businesses don't look favorably upon employee fraternization either. Dating a co-worker could cost you or your mate a promotion or prompt unwanted attention from employers. So as harmless as it may seem the risks could be devastating.

Peace

Radical Faith

I'm currently dating someone that I work with. We meet and talk very discreetly. We understand that this is a relationship that is carried on in the workplace, so there is no room for the nonsense. My advice, keep all your business to yourself. If someone even implies that you may be dating, just say I don't know what you are talking about and end the conversation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back