Black Men : Brothers - Can You Discuss Your Collective Failures? - (Only Brothers Post Please)

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Brothers,

Can you discuss your collective failures without mentioning Sisters?

That is the challenge of this thread ... so please ... stay very focused ... this is about Brothers and their collective failures.

For the sake of this discussion, collective failure could mean any thing, choice, or decision that Brothers do or make specifically, that impacts our people negatively.

I think it's important for each group of us to be able to do this, independent of the other, and have started a like thread for Sisters.

Please don't post in theirs, and i'm asking them not to post in yours.

Remember, this is about Brothers, not Sisters, so please stay focused.

I'm really looking forward to your perspective on the collective failures.

Of course you're welcome to say Brothers have no collective failures, if that's what you think.

It will be interesting to see how many things match in each thread (i.e. Sisters see it in themselves, and Brothers see it in themselves).

Correcting our collective failures requires identifying them, and i hope this effort leads us in that direction.

Love You and Thanks in Advance!

:heart:

Destee

Collective Failures

I've had my share of bad choices made from my inner ego that have hunted me down, as a man collectively
i've failed to be that husband which left me single and a father , men have a way of not showing there inner being
romanticly , yet while men who come short of being fully responsible for many actions we take in life
men as well myself has had breakdowns when it came to home fronts and family but through the course of action
I've learn to man up and take on whatever i face and not hide behind my ego and manhood
I think brothers as like taken steps one at a time but sometime we can rush in beyond thinking or being mindful
another collective failure i had to eat was putting a group of men in the same hub to create what i called
Young Family in the mix of it we became forceful / disagreeing / fighting and pulling against one another
it was destruction at it's best , I have gotten with some close brothers on weekends some years back
only to do what many men have done .....cheat .....stay out and in return who was hurt by it
yeap ya right !
But to really talk about collective failure it's hard not to mix the two collectively where there are parts and roles
each play , failure to me have a wide scope of many things reasons and places see the word failure
is like a noun to me persons / places or things collective is like an open images trying
to group self into one
which has been a failure through course of action and none-productive.

surely i will add more and go deeper at a later time .....

Brothers tend to:

Confuse aggression and anger for strength.
Be too defensive and sensitive to words.
Not encourage each other to do positive things.
Place looking cool above being responsible.
Mistake making bad decisions for being "rebellious/revolutionary."
Run from commitment.
Have jobs instead of careers and own property.

That is the challenge of this thread ... so please ... stay very focused ... this is about Brothers and their collective failures.

For the sake of this discussion, collective failure could mean any thing, choice, or decision that Brothers do or make specifically, that impacts our people negatively.

I think it's important for each group of us to be able to do this, independent of the other, and have started a like thread for Sisters.

Of course you're welcome to say Brothers have no collective failures, if that's what you think.

It will be interesting to see how many things match in each thread (i.e. Sisters see it in themselves, and Brothers see it in themselves).

Correcting our collective failures requires identifying them, and i hope this effort leads us in that direction.

Destee

Black men pride our selves as being warriors, but we have failed collectively to defend our families aginst attacks from outsiders. We continually fail to work together to solve problems plaguing our families and communities and fail to collectively develop a self-critical perspective which would enable us to problem solve in our collective best interests. Thats all I have to say on this...

Destee

I helped cofound a city wide mentoring and tutorial program in my city. ( Detroit ) I did it because I grew up seeing the men in my neighborhood(s) do the same as I grew up. I dont see the men in my city doing this on any scale, today

We have committed the unpardonable sin of forgetting where we came from. Most of us did not come from ritzy suburbs. We got a few bucks and left the hood. Furthermore, we didnt reach back and bring at least one out with us

Said nothing as BET/hip hop videos destroyed an entire generations minds

Said nothing as education stopped being preached from the pulpit. Moreover, we allowed the pusuit of education to be viewed as acting white

Dont vote

Encouraged Mookism by commission and ommission

Allowed derogatory myths to be spread about us without challenge

Not shunning the scum in our lives, especially family

After listening to real black men say drugs were death, defend blunts. Then blame the white man when the test comes back positive and the job offer doesnt come

There was a time when most of us wouldnt be caught dead with a skank. Then blame the skank for all the bad stuff that happens to us later

Demanding what we want and begging for what we need

Not teaching our children that Jim Crow aint dead

Allowing a matriarchal society to take hold

....more later

:geek:

:em0200:

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back